Crossing Midnight: Cut Here Vol. 1

by Mike Carey | Graphic Novels |
Registered by HI77 of Fort Myers, Florida USA on 11/19/2017
Journal Entry 1 by HI77 from Fort Myers, Florida USA on Sunday, November 19, 2017
A day that started easy,

turns on it's head
and hands you scissors.

Journal Entry 2 by HI77 at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Sunday, November 26, 2017
This volume has a slow start but lots of interesting threads it starts with.

The format and drawing style are very odd and computer generated looking, but it's not all bad. The colors are pretty dominant too. I liked best how this one gets started but I don't feel like it properly keeps the pace up. It seems to have too much going on and that hurts more than helps it.

Journal Entry 3 by HI77 at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Tuesday, December 05, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (12/4/2017 UTC) at Fort Myers, Florida USA

This lucky little book has become part of nimrodiel's Manga & Graphic novel bookbox! :)

As usual, I'm trying to put a variety of types in here, so there's lots of stuff that people haven't seen before. This one qualifies I think!

Hope it finds a new reader! ;)

Journal Entry 4 by wingnimrodielwing at Evanston, Illinois USA on Tuesday, December 12, 2017
This came back in my manga & graphic novel book box.

Journal Entry 5 by wingnimrodielwing at Evanston, Illinois USA on Sunday, January 14, 2018
I enjoyed this volume quite a bit! While the artwork is a bit flat looking at times I felt that it fit the storytelling of the book. I really like the mythology being pulled from for this storyline.

Journal Entry 6 by wingnimrodielwing at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Released 7 mos ago (4/22/2019 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

adding to my manga & graphic novel book box.

Journal Entry 7 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, May 14, 2019
I'm claiming this and two other "Crossing Midnight" books from the Manga and Graphic Novel bookbox (bookbox journal here). Looks entertaining!

Later: I really enjoyed this, with its Japanese version of Faerie, as siblings Toshi and Kai find their way into the world of yokai - only to be tasked to swear allegiance to a powerful spirit, the lord of knives. They know enough to avoid making deals with spirits - but alas, it's too late; Aratsu seems to be a nasty piece of work, and will stop at nothing to get Toshi to agree to go with him...

Continued in A Map of Midnight.

[There's a short TV Tropes page on the comic, with some entertaining tidbits.]

Journal Entry 8 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Thursday, June 27, 2019

Released 5 mos ago (6/28/2019 UTC) at Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I'm sending this to BCer Chicvolley99 to help re-start the lost-in-the-mail Already Been Crossed bookbox. Enjoy!

*** Released for the 2019 Keep Them Moving release challenge. ***

*** Released for the 2019 Allergic to A release challenge. ***

Journal Entry 9 by Chicvolley99 at Denver, Colorado USA on Thursday, July 04, 2019
Received from GoryDetails to help restart the Already Been Crossed bookbox. Thank you so much!

I ended up (sorry if selfishly) keeping this book to explore. I have never really been much of a manga reader. I started out reading this story, which was a little slow. The action scenes were drawn very nicely. I lost track of some of the character names. But the scene in the house... you know the one... oh my goodness, that drawing! Whoa.

I will find somewhere else to release this. Thank you for sharing.

Journal Entry 10 by Chicvolley99 at Denver, Colorado USA on Tuesday, September 03, 2019

Released 3 mos ago (9/2/2019 UTC) at Denver, Colorado USA

Released to the boyfriend to read, as it caught his interest. Here's to hoping he signs up for the website (if he reads this!)

Cheers!