My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry

by Fredrik Backman | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingbooklady331wing of Cape Coral, Florida USA on 11/18/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingbooklady331wing from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Saturday, November 18, 2017
If you are new to BookCrossing and found this book and this site, Welcome!

Journal Entry 2 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Tuesday, April 10, 2018
It is a little difficult to get into, but, once you get the hang of the book, it gets better. The author has captured how a scared and angry little girl named Elsa thinks and feels if. Elsa is "different." She is brilliant in ways children seldom are, and she acts out in ways that are clearly understood by the adults in her world. Elsa's grandmother dies and leaves Elsa to deliver a series of letters that explain things about Elsa's neighbors and about life through her apologies. This helps Elsa begins to understand the world around her. The book is part fantasy and part literature.
Fredrik Backman tries to change lives through his writing. He makes it okay to be different, by finding the "different" in us all.

Journal Entry 3 by pinklady60 at San Diego, California USA on Tuesday, May 1, 2018
Booklady331 sent me this RABCK. Thank you! I really enjoyed A Man Called Ove, another book by this author.

trade paperback

Journal Entry 4 by pinklady60 at San Diego, California USA on Monday, November 5, 2018
The story follows Elsa, a precocious 7 year old who knows she is different from other children her age and who is especially close with her grandmother. When Granny passes, Elsa slowly discovers more about her grandmother's past identities, as well as the lives of people affected by her.

I was really looking forward to reading this book because I had enjoyed A Man Called Ove by the same author. Unlike booklady331, however, I was never able to fully get into the story.

Journal Entry 5 by pinklady60 at San Diego, California USA on Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Released 2 mos ago (10/5/2022 UTC) at San Diego, California USA

Sending in a box of books to bamaforever in Alabama. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by bamaforever at Clanton, Alabama USA on Friday, October 7, 2022
In a box of books from pinklady60. Thanks for your generosity!