Gray Mountain

by John Grisham | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingdaffodil-2wing of Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on 11/17/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingdaffodil-2wing from Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Friday, November 17, 2017
This good quality paperback was bought from a charity shop in N. Walsham, Norfolk.

It tells the story of Samantha Kofer who starts a new life a world away from her former life at New York's biggest law firm. Apparently if she needs to survive in coal country she needs to start learning fast.

Journal Entry 2 by wingdaffodil-2wing at North Walsham, Norfolk United Kingdom on Saturday, December 02, 2017
REVIEW:- I think this is a book that you need to get a "good run at". I found it rather hard going at first as I didn't follow my own above advice. However as I've enjoyed almost all the books I've read before by this author I persevered and by just over half-way through I was so involved with the characters that I was in tears and found myself wanting to give them advice. (No spoilers from me as to what advice and on what subject).
I thought it was a very good story but I did find that some of the legal stuff went over my head at times despite having been a legal secretary for several years.

I'm reserving the book for another bookcrosser who I hope will enjoy it.

Journal Entry 3 by wingdaffodil-2wing at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Friday, December 08, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (12/11/2017 UTC) at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom

This book will be sent to Shahrun as a RABCK/swap after I found it on her wishlist. I hope she really enjoys it.

To the finder:-

to place on their shelves and discard the rest-so another bad release option.

Journal Entry 4 by wingShahrunwing at Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Saturday, December 16, 2017
Thank you so much for this wish granting RABCK with two exciting sidekicks! Will try to read and release as soon as I can.