corner corner A Woman of Our Times

A Woman of Our Times
by Rosie Thomas | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 11/14/2017

status (set by Nu-Knees): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Wishlist book to be sent out as a Christmas RABCK.....apologies for it being an ex-library book ;o)

Journal Entry 2 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, December 25, 2017

Thank you very much, Plum-crazy, for this very welcome Happy Christmas Wishlist book, its provenance is not a problem, no way! And thank you for the lovely notebook and pen that came with it - lovely!
Happy Christmas
Happy New Year :-)

Journal Entry 3 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, December 31, 2017

Very good, I loved it, but it all seems such a very long time ago . . . .
It was first published in 1990 and is set in the mid-80s when entrepreneurs were all the rage and when power dressing involved big shoulders and when travelling to LA for the Oscars put you completely out of touch with financial jiggery-pokery back home in London . . . . What, no instant global communications network? . . . . Oh, it was a very different world back then . . . .

Journal Entry 4 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, January 01, 2018

Released 5 mos ago (1/1/2018 UTC) at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

To my friend and neighbour, Blower! Happy New Year!

Well over a million people around the world give their books a unique BookCrossing IDentity number (BCID) before sending them out to find new readers. Since the start of the scheme in April 2001 over twelve million such books have been put into circulation. This is one of them!

Our hope is that we can track the progress of our books once they've left our hands - and that's possible if finders like you visit the website, key in the BCID and leave a comment, however long or short. It's fun, it doesn't have to cost anything, although the site always appreciates donations towards running costs, and you can remain anonymous if you wish. You don't have to join but if you do you'll be able to number and track your own books!