Murder on the Orient Express Facsimile Edition (Crime Club)

by Agatha Christie | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by JennyC1230 of Woodstock, Georgia USA on 11/14/2017
Journal Entry 1 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, November 14, 2017
Book #10 in the Hercule Poirot Mystery series:

The famous Orient Express, thundering along on its three days' journey across Europe, came to a sudden stop in the night. Snowdrifts blocked the line at a desolate spot somewhere in the Balkans. Everything was deathly quiet. "Decidedly I suffer from the nerves," murmured Hercule Poirot, and fell asleep again. He awoke to find himself very much wanted. For in the night murder had been committed. Mr. Ratchett, an American millionaire, was found lying dead in his berth—stabbed. The untrodden snow around the train proved that the murderer was still on board. Poirot investigates. He lies back and thinks—with his little grey cells. . . .

Murder on the Orient Express must rank as one of the most ingenious stories ever devised. The solution is brilliant. Once can but admire again the amazing resource of Agatha Christie.

Reproducing the original typesetting and format of the first edition from the Christie family’s archive, Murder on the Orient Express Facsimile Edition also features the first hardcover edition’s actual cover art, which has been painstakingly restored to its original beauty.

My Review: I read this book several years ago, but it's been so long I forgot who did it, so it was like reading it for the first time. Hercule Poirot is such a fun character and to see how he puts all the clues together to reveal the killer, is fascinating. I won this book from Goodreads and this is my honest opinion.

Journal Entry 2 by JennyC1230 at SoHo Bagel OBCZ - Towne Lake Parkway in Woodstock, Georgia USA on Saturday, December 02, 2017

Released 3 yrs ago (12/2/2017 UTC) at SoHo Bagel OBCZ - Towne Lake Parkway in Woodstock, Georgia USA

Left on the bookshelf when picking up some Chinatown Chicken Salad for the family. Enjoy!