Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk: A Novel

by Kathleen Rooney | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by EmmaOlivia of Yorkville, Illinois USA on 11/8/2017
Journal Entry 1 by EmmaOlivia from Yorkville, Illinois USA on Wednesday, November 08, 2017
Great story

Journal Entry 2 by EmmaOlivia at Waldwick, New Jersey USA on Thursday, November 16, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (11/15/2017 UTC) at Waldwick, New Jersey USA

Traded with a member in New Jersey. Put book in the mail 11/15/17.

Journal Entry 3 by spoiledrotten at Waldwick, New Jersey USA on Sunday, November 19, 2017
Lillian has arrived safely in NJ! Thanks so much for the trade.

Journal Entry 4 by spoiledrotten at Waldwick, New Jersey USA on Tuesday, January 09, 2018
Lillian is 85 years old and it is New Year's Eve 1984. Lillian has led a very interesting life having books of poetry published as well as becoming the highest paid female advertising copywriter in the country. There have also been some somber moments. She decides to take a walk around Manhattan and meets some old as well as new characters. The story is also based on the life of Margaret Fishback.
I am looking forward to my bookclub discussing this book this month. When we have Lillian will continue her journey to another bookcrosser, queen72, in New Mexico, who was willing to trade me for another bookclub pick.

Journal Entry 5 by spoiledrotten at Hobbs, New Mexico USA on Thursday, January 18, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (1/18/2018 UTC) at Hobbs, New Mexico USA

Sending off to Queen72 as part of a trade she was nice enough to do for me. Enjoy

Journal Entry 6 by wingQueen72wing at Hobbs, New Mexico USA on Saturday, January 27, 2018
Thank you spoiledrotten! I'm looking forward to this book and what a gorgeous cover!

Journal Entry 7 by wingQueen72wing at Hobbs, New Mexico USA on Saturday, March 03, 2018
I really enjoyed this book, a love letter to New York, by a strong, witty woman, Lillian Boxfish. I loved that Lillian was snarky, confident and everything that was not expected of women of her time. I read this book for Popsugar’s 2018 Reading Challenge prompt, “a novel based on a real person,” (poet & ad woman Margaret Fishback).

Journal Entry 8 by wingQueen72wing at Wishlist Tag Game , a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, May 08, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (5/9/2018 UTC) at Wishlist Tag Game , a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Sending this book to ReallyBookish in Horsham, PA for the
☆●USA & Canada Wishlist Tag Game●☆ 2018

Journal Entry 9 by wingReallyBookishwing at Horsham, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, May 17, 2018
Received today. Thank you so much!