The Couple Next Door

by Shari Lapena | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by rainbow3 of Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on 11/5/2017
Journal Entry 1 by rainbow3 from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, November 05, 2017
Anne and Marco Conti seem to have it all - a loving relationship, a wonderful home, and their beautiful baby, Cora. But one night when they are at a dinner party next door, a terrible crime is committed. Suspicion immediately focuses on the parents. But the truth is a much more complicated story.

Inside the curtained house, an unsettling account of what actually happened unfolds. Detective Rasbach knows that the panicked couple is hiding something. Both Anne and Marco soon discover that the other is keeping secrets - secrets they've kept for years.

What follows is the nerve-racking unravelling of a family, a chilling tale of deception, duplicity, and unfaithfulness that will keep you breathless until the final shocking twist.

"Real men read women writers - because of books like this. Trust me." - Lee Child [fantasticfiction.com]
THE COUPLE NEXT DOOR by SHARI LAPENA (2016) | ISBN: 9780552173148 (UK PB) | Publisher: Corgi
---------------------

Picked up at an Edinburgh BookSwap - BookCrossing MeetUp, in September, though the book had a bookplate waiting inside it it had not been registered with BookCrossing - now it is! All labelled up and ready to travel.

ADDED - FRI 24 AUG 2018: Twisty turn-about plot with a pace that ratcheted up to sheer screaming tension as vile betrayals, gross deceits and callous indifference revealed some friends and family as monsters. Whistled through this rather as not quite in the mood for it when I looked at it in September 2017, but for sure it’s skilfully put together! Have a postal plan for it as I have recently discovered it on someone’s wishlist.

OK forgot to add these notes at the time I read this. I can recall I posted it in a frightful rush. Just heard from the book via journal alerts and wanted to update my notes as they are part of my reading log, and better added later than never.

Journal Entry 2 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Sunday, December 10, 2017
Thank you soo much for this WishList book, which was the companion to my book for the Classics Sweepstakes.
Looking forward to reading it, you have put together a great parcel! :)

Journal Entry 3 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Tuesday, June 26, 2018
Currently reading it... this promises to be a real page-turner!

Journal Entry 4 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Saturday, July 21, 2018
I have really enjoyed reading this one; thank you, rainbow3!
A very intriguing premise, I just could not put it down, as it is a real page-turner...
A plot full of twists and turns; though halfway through it I started to guess what had really happened.
I will certainly look for more novels by this writer; by the way, she is Canadian, and this novel will soon be on its way to the winner of the Canadian Sweeps (I didn't know this when I started reading it!)

Journal Entry 5 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Saturday, August 04, 2018

Released 6 mos ago (8/4/2018 UTC) at Madrid, Madrid Spain

Sent to the winner of the Canadian Sweeps; I hope you will enjoy reading it as much as I did! :)

Journal Entry 6 by Olivia_Lo at Hualien, Hualien Taiwan on Wednesday, August 15, 2018
Thank you for the book! Never heard of this author before (but then, there are many more who I haven't heard of...) and would love to give it a try.