Thursdays in the Park

by Hilary Boyd | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingMaranlinwing of Burlington, Ontario Canada on 11/4/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingMaranlinwing from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Saturday, November 04, 2017
From the back cover:
When Jeanie's husband George retreated from his conjugal duties, she was deeply hurt and very confused. Had she done something wrong? Was he in love with someone else? Her initial bewilderment turned to resignation as George remained unwilling to provide answers. Nearly ten years later, very little has changed, except that Jeanie is about to have her 60th birthday. The bright spot of every week is Thursday, when Jeanie takes her granddaughter to the park. There she meets Ray: kindhearted, easygoing and sexy - everything George is not. As her relationship with Ray blossoms, Jeanie begins to think her life might hold in store a bold second act - but she will have to decide whether she has the courage to risk the routine comforts of family duty and embrace the uncertain promise of a thrilling new romance.

Journal Entry 2 by wingMaranlinwing at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, November 07, 2017
This is an intriguing story where loyalty to family and the yearning for a happier life are in great conflict. George comes across as very boring, self-centred and subtly controlling of his wife, Jeanie. She finds it increasingly difficult to deal with him, especially when it is obvious he does not listen to her but makes all important decisions to please himself. I disliked George and was somewhat frustrated with Jeanie, but was inspired to keep reading to the end to find out how things turn out.

Journal Entry 3 by wingMaranlinwing at Wiltshire Ave Little Free Library in Burlington, Ontario Canada on Friday, October 11, 2019

Released 3 mos ago (10/11/2019 UTC) at Wiltshire Ave Little Free Library in Burlington, Ontario Canada

Left at the Wiltshire Avenue LFL.
Released for the Tick Tock Challenge & the 2019 NJABIC Challenge (week 40: autumn colours - red, yellow, brown).

To the finder of this book: I hope you enjoy reading this book. Please keep it or set it free when you're done. If the book is of no interest to you, please release it into the wild for someone else to find and enjoy. I hope you will make a journal entry so its journey can be tracked and to let me know the book has been found. You can remain anonymous if you wish, but if you join BookCrossing, you are in for a great experience and I do hope you will use me, Maranlin, as a referring member.