corner corner An Education: My Life Might Have Turned Out Differently If I Had Just Said No

An Education: My Life Might Have Turned Out Differently If I Had Just Said No
by Lynn Barber | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by wingazukiwing of Miami, Florida USA on 11/3/2017

status (set by Doris52): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingazukiwing from Miami, Florida USA on Friday, November 03, 2017

Lynn Barber's true story, now a major film of the same name scripted by Nick Hornby. At 16, Lynn Barber was an ambitious schoolgirl working towards a place at Oxford, when she was picked up at a bus-stop by an attractive older man in a sports car. So began a relationship that almost wrecked her life. Barber's fascinating memoir takes us beyond this bizarre episode, revealing how it left her with an abiding mistrust of men which paradoxically led her to a promiscuous life-style at university until she met her husband-to-be. An Education tells how she went on to work for seven years at daring (for the times) men's magazine Penthouse before beginning her starry days as the Demon Barber - Britain's most entertaining and most feared interviewer. The book ends with an extraordinarily moving account of the early death of her husband. Her writing is refreshingly frank and funny.

Journal Entry 2 by wingazukiwing at Moov Hotel Porto Centro in Porto - City, Porto Portugal on Friday, November 03, 2017

Released 2 wks ago (11/3/2017 UTC) at Moov Hotel Porto Centro in Porto - City, Porto Portugal

Glad to find a book exchange shelf in the lounge of the hotel. Not a lot of English titles here though.

Hi! How wonderful you've found one of my books! Thank you so much for checking out the journal. I would really appreciate if you can take a moment to let me know you have it now. Trust me, it'll totally make my day to hear from one of my "wild" books.

Bookcrossing is a wonderful online community of book lovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. We are also curious to see how far and wide our books can travel. I would appreciate if you can make a journal entry on this book so we know where the book has been. You don't have to set up an account.

Feel free to keep this book, return it to where you found it, or pass it on to the next reader. If you sign up as a member, you will hear from the book as it travels and gets journaled. Feel free to explore the BookCrossing site, and visit our forum to meet other booklovers. Membership is confidential, free, and spam-free. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 3 by Doris52 at Porto - City, Porto Portugal on Monday, November 13, 2017

I found für Boom in the Moov Hotel in Porto. I am Happy. Your book goes to Innsbruck.