Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 2

by Hiromu Arakawa | Graphic Novels |
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 10/23/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Monday, October 23, 2017
I got this softcover at a local thrift shop, after recently releasing yet another copy of Volume 1. (I enjoyed the anime adaptation very much.)

This volume continues the story of brothers Edward and Alphonse Elric - Ed's the angry-looking blond guy, Al is the hulking suit of armor (makes sense in context) - as they cope with the post-war world in which they find themselves. There's an especially poignant subplot here involving the horrors that can occur when alchemists try to transmute human flesh, and we get some hints as to ongoing political turmoil as well.

[I also enjoyed the TV Tropes page for this series.]

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, Heritage Rail Trail in Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Thursday, October 26, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (10/26/2017 UTC) at Little Free Library, Heritage Rail Trail in Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library on this rainy afternoon. Hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2017 TV Series release challenge. ***