Walk in My Shoes

by Alwyn Evans | Other | This book has not been rated.
Registered by xtrdnry of Parkdale, Victoria Australia on 10/22/2017
Journal Entry 1 by xtrdnry from Parkdale, Victoria Australia on Sunday, October 22, 2017
We walked off the ferry along the wide, sloping gangplank, and when my feet hit the firm wooden planks of the jetty, I staggered, legs suddenly feeling like jelly. I took Mum's hand, whispering, 'Are we really safe here?' After a perilous and terrifying journey from war-torn Afghanistan, Gulnessa and her family find themselves in Australia, a place they know nothing about. They are exhausted and traumatised, but so full of hope. At last-somewhere safe to call home. But they soon discover that their struggle isn't over yet. They are imprisoned in a detention centre for illegal immigrants, and forced to prove their refugee status. As the days drag into weeks and months, Gulnessa is determined to stay strong. She must keep her family together, and fight for Abdul, her special friend from home, with whom she has secretly fallen in love. She can never give up hope, of a temporary protection visa, and a chance to build a future in a beautiful foreign land.

Journal Entry 2 by xtrdnry at Hawthorn East, Victoria Australia on Monday, March 18, 2019

Released 7 mos ago (3/18/2019 UTC) at Hawthorn East, Victoria Australia

Passed on to a friend.

To the finder of this book -
Please let me know it is in safe hands by journalling that you have caught it, you are under no obligation to read it and Bookcrossing is completely anonymous.