Crow Call

by Lois Lowry | Children's Books |
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 10/22/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Sunday, October 22, 2017
I found this hardcover at this Little Free Library in Templeton, MA, while dropping off some books of my own. It's a surprisingly deep tale of a young girl, her home-from-the-war father, and an autumn day when they go out to hunt the crows who eat their crops - but things don't go as expected. I love the detailed artwork, the autumnal woods and fields - and the relationship between father and daughter, especially when he buys her the plaid shirt she wants even though the storekeeper tries to insist that it's a man's shirt, not a girl's!

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Le Parc de Notre Renaissance Française in Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Thursday, February 01, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (2/1/2018 UTC) at Le Parc de Notre Renaissance Française in Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I left this book, bagged against the elements, on the lovely statue of the mother and child sharing a book. Hope the finder enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2018 Great Backyard Bird Count release challenge. See this year's GBBC here. ***

*** Released for the 2018 Becky's Hugs release challenge, in memory of Rebecca Ann Johns. ***