corner corner 50 Ways to Eat Cock: Healthy Chicken Recipes with Balls! (Health AlternaTips)

50 Ways to Eat Cock: Healthy Chicken Recipes with Balls! (Health AlternaTips)
by Adrienne N Hew CN | Cooking, Food & Wine
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 10/21/2017

status (set by GoryDetails): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, October 21, 2017

I found this softcover at this Little Free Library in Templeton, MA, while dropping off some books of my own. Couldn't resist the punny title!

The author does seem to have chosen the title - and several of the chapter headings - specifically for their prurient value, but the descriptions of ways to cook chicken are good. It almost makes me want to hunt up a source for tough old birds {wry grin} - but I suspect the recipes will work for readily-available chicken as well, though the author does point out that plump and tender roasting chickens might be wasted on some of these recipes.

The recipe for chicken broth is perhaps the most useful, and simple, and suited to chickens of any age, sex, or degree of toughness. It's a two-for-one recipe, involving simmering the bird, some veggies, and other flavorings - plus a bit of vinegar - for a couple of hours, then removing the meat to use in other recipes and simmering the bones for another couple of hours, extracting the maximum minerals.

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Somerset Plaza, Amherst St. and Somerset Pkwy in Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Sunday, February 18, 2018

Released 6 mos ago (2/18/2018 UTC) at Somerset Plaza, Amherst St. and Somerset Pkwy in Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I left this book outside Chik-Fil-a in Somerset Plaza; hope the finder enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2018 Great Backyard Bird Count release challenge. See this year's GBBC here. ***

*** Released for the 2018 Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes release challenge. ***

*** Released for the 2018 Wine+Food Release Challenge. ***