corner corner Ashael Rising (The Vessel of Kaladene)

The Orwell Bridge

Ashael Rising (The Vessel of Kaladene)
by Shona Kinsella | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by wingardachywing of Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on 5/15/2018

status (set by greenbadger): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingardachywing from Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Purchased from www.hive.co.uk.

Shona Kinsella is one of the speakers booked for the Ipswich UnCon so I will turn this book into a book ray. Depending on take up I may purchase another to read myself as I have several other books to be read first.

bcuklogo3

Journal Entry 2 by wingardachywing at Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Bookray participants are:-

Poodlesister
JemmaJ
rahar109
earthcaroleanne
greenbadger

Journal Entry 3 by wingardachywing at Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Monday, May 21, 2018

Released 5 mos ago (5/22/2018 UTC) at Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom

Posting to Poodlesister.

Journal Entry 4 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, May 24, 2018

I think JemmaJ wants to join the bookray. Thanks for organising this ardachy. It’s in a short queue but I read fast.

Journal Entry 5 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, June 01, 2018

I got so gripped by this that I missed my tube stop. I also read it in a day.

Journal Entry 6 by wingPoodlesisterwing at A BOOKRAY , -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Sunday, June 03, 2018

Released 4 mos ago (6/4/2018 UTC) at A BOOKRAY , -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Going to JemmaJ.

rahar109 has asked to join the bookray.

Journal Entry 7 by wingJemmaJwing at Towcester, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Friday, June 08, 2018

Many thanks for passing this book along Poodlesister.

Love the bookplates; a couple I've added to my collection. It sounds like the Meet Up at the Wetlands was a lot of fun!

Just finished a book, so on to this one. I'm rather excited about this book!

Journal Entry 8 by wingJemmaJwing at a bookring, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Monday, September 03, 2018

Released 1 mo ago (9/3/2018 UTC) at a bookring, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

All done and posted off to Rahar109 today! It was a good read!!

Journal Entry 9 by wingrahar109wing at Ash Vale, Surrey United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Received safely in the post today.
Thank you for the labels.

Journal Entry 10 by wingrahar109wing at Ash Vale, Surrey United Kingdom on Sunday, September 16, 2018

Having read the blurb and flicked through I've decided to pass this straight on to earthcaroleanne, especially as there is less than a month to the Uncon and still two readers left.
In fact, I'm unsure why I put my name down for this, given that I'm not a fantasy fan. Must have caught a dose of Uncon Ring Fever!

Journal Entry 11 by wingrahar109wing at Ash Vale, Surrey United Kingdom on Sunday, September 16, 2018

Released 1 mo ago (9/16/2018 UTC) at Ash Vale, Surrey United Kingdom

Posted to earthcaroleanne.
Enjoy!

Journal Entry 12 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, September 22, 2018

Picked up at the post office today with another two bookrings.

Journal Entry 13 by wingearthcaroleannewing at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Monday, September 24, 2018

Released 3 wks ago (9/24/2018 UTC) at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom

I've had to make a decision. I still have a book backlog and this doesn't look like my thing. Plus I'm no longer going to the uncon so it is only fair that I forward it to Greenbadger who is looking forward to it and will be at the uncon. There should be time to read it before the author talk.

Journal Entry 14 by winggreenbadgerwing at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Thank you very much! I'll try to read this before the uncon. :)

Journal Entry 15 by winggreenbadgerwing at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Sunday, September 30, 2018

Ashael is a trainee filidh, a healer for her people. Iwan is a slave to the Zanthar, invaders from another world who steal the life force from those around them. When Iwan is sent to spy on Ashael's people he is welcomed, and he hates that he is having to betray them, but the Zanthar hold his mother hostage. Neither he nor Ashael know that she is the prophesied Vessel, the one who can stand against the Zanthar. The story doesn't have much depth but this is still an entertaining fantasy that I enjoyed reading. I'll look out for the rest of the series.

Journal Entry 16 by winggreenbadgerwing at Ipswich BC Unconvention in Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 03, 2018

Released 2 wks ago (10/5/2018 UTC) at Ipswich BC Unconvention in Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom

Released on the book buffet at the Ipswich Unconvention.

To the finder, enjoy, and I hope you will write a journal entry so that previous readers will know that this book has been found. It is always a joy to find where it has gone. You can remain anonymous but if you are interested in joining (free with no strings) please consider using greenbadger as your referrer.
I don't get anything from this except for the pleasure of watching my books travel and knowing that they are giving pleasure to others.
Keep the book for as long as you like, and when you are done with it please pass it on to a friend, or set it out "in the wild" for someone else to find as you did. When you pass this book along, please make a release note to let others know where you left it. Thank you.