The Lords of Discipline: Library Edition

by pat conroy | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingKateKintailwing of Burke, Virginia USA on 10/15/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingKateKintailwing from Burke, Virginia USA on Sunday, October 15, 2017
Picked up at the Book Thing of Baltimore a few years back.

Journal Entry 2 by wingKateKintailwing at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Sunday, October 15, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (10/15/2017 UTC) at Alexandria, Virginia USA

Taking this to the meetup today to give to someone who can take it to Birdies for me next month in honor of our friend, MaryZee. She loved Pat Conroy and recommended this book in particular to me, once.

Journal Entry 3 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Sunday, November 05, 2017
This book followed me home from Birdie's Cafe where we had a BCinDC (BookCrossing) meetup today in memory of our friend and fellow Bookcrosser, MaryZee.

I read this book in 1998. This is what I wrote about it after I read it:

This is a novel relating the harsh conditions a cadet must endure if he is to graduate from a military academy. The story is of one cadet who endures four grueling years at a military academy and develops a decidedly anti-military stance. It is a wonderful novel of camaraderie and friendship. However, it is also a testimony to man's inhumanity to man. I guess that is what the military stands for if one is to learn to kill in defense of one's country. A very unsettling novel, it left me glad that I personally never had to endure an environment such as the one Conroy describes.

I'm releasing this book for the following BookCrossing challenge:

***The November 2017 The Release Challenge hosted by RockDg9.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 5 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Journal Entry 6 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Monday, December 04, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (12/10/2017 UTC) at Alexandria, Virginia USA

I am releasing this book at the annual BookCrossing Holiday Party at the home of authorauthor. This book will go on the Book Buffet.

--------------------------------------------------

I'm releasing this book for the following BookCrossing challenges:

***The 2017 D for December Release Challenge hosted by hyphen8.

***The 2017 What's in a Name Release Challenge hosted by DragonGoddess . The title of this book contains the names Li and LIN.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello and welcome to BookCrossing ... where we make the whole world a library!

Enjoy the book!