The Riptide Ultra-Glide: A Novel (Serge Storms)

by Tim Dorsey | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 0062092790 Global Overview for this book
Registered by JennyC1230 of Woodstock, Georgia USA on 10/11/2017
Journal Entry 1 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, October 11, 2017
Book #16 in the Serge Storms series:

Welcome to Paradise!

Freshly laid-off Wisconsinites Patrick and Barbara McDougall are going to sunny Florida for a modest romantic vacation. But the motel they picked isn't quite a pastel paradise, and they have to be midwesterners and make the best of a bad situation. Except bad goes to worse, and a string of misfortunes renders them unable to leave the state.

Meanwhile, the next Mexican-American War is being fought, this time in Fort Lauderdale, between the Kentucky mafia and the Oxy cartel over control of the lucrative pain clinic market. Latinos are turning up dead, hillbillies are wandering the beach trampling sand castles, and cops continue arresting doctors wriggling out of office windows.

But it's never really a party until Serge and Coleman arrive. Cruising down U.S. 1, Captain Florida and his perpetually altered sidekick are on a mission to film the best reality show ever!

Back at their motel, the McDougalls are peeking out the curtains. They've become very popular, especially with Serge, who believes he's found the perfect stars for the pilot of his new TV series.

Are the McDougalls safer with Serge or should they take their chances on the mean streets?

Will Coleman get tired of signing autographs?

Can pelicans be used as murder weapons?

Is time running out for our heroes?

And, finally, the question still on everyone's lips: What's up with Florida? Stay tuned for all the answers in...The Riptide Ultra-Glide!

I bought this book at the Dollar Tree store in Woodstock, Georgia. I love this series, so I was excited to see this book on sale for $1. I've been trying to catch up on this series, the newest one comes out in January and I have 6 more books to read before then. :-)

Journal Entry 2 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Thursday, November 14, 2019
My Review: This is another wild roller coaster ride with Serge Storms and his side kick Coleman riding through Florida. I wonder what would happen if they got kidnapped and ended up in someplace like Michigan, in winter?

Planning to wild release in a Little Free Library in Carrollton, Georgia this weekend. Enjoy the book!