In the Company of Others

by Jan Karon | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingjlautnerwing of Henderson, Nevada USA on 10/31/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingjlautnerwing from Henderson, Nevada USA on Tuesday, October 31, 2017
Arrived yesterday from a paperbackswap member.

Journal Entry 2 by wingjlautnerwing at San Luis Obispo, California USA on Saturday, December 02, 2017
I had some difficulty figuring out what the story was. Father Tim and wife Cynthia travel to Ireland for a vacation, a well-deserved one. They stay at a bed and breakfast that has several other guests.

Things happen. Someone breaks in. The daughter of the house is moody and difficult. There is friction between the owner and his brother, who inherited a much bigger house. Father Tim gets into the lives of everyone else - he is usually invited in - and by saying the right things he fixes many things.

There is a lot of god in here. Trust in God and all will be good. Surrender to God and forgive others and forgive yourself.

I did not realize it was to be a religious book (after all, other fictional priests don't preach much) and if I had known I wouldn't have picked it up. I am sure it is comforting to many people but not to me.

Journal Entry 3 by wingjlautnerwing at San Luis Obispo, California USA on Saturday, January 13, 2018
Reserved for bookstogive's general lit VBB.

Journal Entry 4 by wingjlautnerwing at Henderson, Nevada USA on Friday, April 12, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (4/12/2019 UTC) at Henderson, Nevada USA

Sent to elizardbreath. She chose it from the General Literature book box.

Journal Entry 5 by elizardbreath at Bella Vista, Arkansas USA on Monday, April 22, 2019
Thanks for sending this my way!