The Thief Lord

by Cornelia Funke | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by UnwrittenLibra of Middleton, Wisconsin USA on 10/7/2017
Journal Entry 1 by UnwrittenLibra from Middleton, Wisconsin USA on Saturday, October 07, 2017
Off to a bookcrosser in Canada. Go book go!

Journal Entry 2 by HoserLauren at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, October 18, 2017
Received today as a RABCK. Thank you so much! This has been on my wishlist for a few years so it's great to get a copy! Thanks again :)

Journal Entry 3 by HoserLauren at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Sunday, March 18, 2018
Bo and Prosper are brothers that have run away after their parents died and they found out their aunt and uncle only want to take in the younger brother, Bo. To stay together, they escape to Venice and fall in with a bunch of other homeless kids in an abandoned movie theater, lead by the thief lord. The kids steal small items to pay for food, but the thief lord comes back with much more expensive items to help out. When Bo and Prosper find out that their aunt has come to Venice and hired an investigator to find them, they are on high alert. The thief lord is presented with a contract to steal a wooden wing for a few million lire. The children work together to figure out how to steal this item while trying to stay out of the private investigator's way.

Having just come off reading Funke's other book Inkheart, which I didn't enjoy all that much, I was surprised that I really enjoyed this one. The characters were cute and enjoyable, including most of the adults. Many of the characters want what they can't have, but somehow find ways to get what they want. All that, topped with a great ending. It's a fun book!

Journal Entry 4 by HoserLauren at Little Free Library - Dixie in Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Saturday, March 31, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (3/30/2018 UTC) at Little Free Library - Dixie in Mississauga, Ontario Canada

To the finder of this book: I hope you enjoy reading this book. Please keep it or set it free when you're done. If the book is of no interest to you, please release it into the wild for someone else to find and enjoy. I hope you will make a journal entry so its journey can be tracked and to let me know the book has been found. You can remain anonymous if you wish, but if you join BookCrossing, you are in for a great experience.