A Man Called Ove: A Novel

by Fredrik Backman | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingJ4shawwing of Boise, Idaho USA on 10/7/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingJ4shawwing from Boise, Idaho USA on Saturday, October 07, 2017
6 October 2017
I picked this book up from the Little Free Library on West Fringetree Street,
Boise, ID, 83713

About the Book:
Ove (Rolf Lassgård) is the quintessential angry old man next door.
An isolated retiree with strict principles and a short fuse, who spends his days enforcing block association rules that only he cares about, and visiting his wife's grave, Ove has given up on life.
After a boisterous young family moves in next door and accidentally flattens Ove's mailbox, an unlikely friendship forms.

Journal Entry 2 by wingJ4shawwing at Boise, Idaho USA on Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (10/17/2017 UTC) at Boise, Idaho USA

MY REVIEW

This powerfully tender and honest book had me in tears, more than once!
I found it to be honest and funny, and given the storyline centres around grief, the humour in it is quite a feat.
I had heard a lot of great reviews about this, so I was hoping not to be disappointed, but it really did catch me by surprise just how good it was.
Very refreshing to read something so direct and honest.
Will be reading more from this author.

Released as part of the ● US~Canada Wishlist Tag● ☆ 2017

Journal Entry 3 by mcsar at Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Wednesday, October 18, 2017
Thank you for sending me the book. I hope I enjoy it as much as you did too.

-----------------------------------
Updated November 1, 2018

I agreed with everything J4shaw said. I also shed a few tears. I love the angry old sod who has such a big heart. He is a sweet teddy bear. I adore the author, his humorous and always on point narration and the quirky and lovable characters. Despite all the hype, the book still exceeded my expectation.

Journal Entry 4 by mcsar at Wishlist Surprise, Holiday Gift Giving -- Controlled Releases on Friday, November 16, 2018

Released 4 mos ago (11/16/2018 UTC) at Wishlist Surprise, Holiday Gift Giving -- Controlled Releases

A wishlist surprise to a brilliant bookcrosser. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did. Merry Christmas to you!

Journal Entry 5 by wingAbi-Gibbywing at Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on Friday, December 21, 2018
Thank you very much for the wishlist suprise and the BC supplies one can never have to much