Cannibals And Missionaries

by Mary McCarthy | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by fee19 of Paraparaumu, Wellington Province New Zealand on 10/5/2017
Journal Entry 1 by fee19 from Paraparaumu, Wellington Province New Zealand on Thursday, October 05, 2017
Well-written (as you would expect by Mary McCarthy) an interesting story about a plane hi-jacked by terrorists. Not really a thriller, more of commentary about morality, values and oddly funny at time. I enjoyed it.

Journal Entry 2 by fee19 at Paraparaumu, Wellington Province New Zealand on Friday, October 13, 2017
Taken to Stewart Island to release at the Unconvention.

Journal Entry 3 by Skyring at Stewart Island, Southland New Zealand on Tuesday, October 17, 2017
Caught this book at the incredibly remote BookCrossing Unconvention on Stewart Island.

Had a fabulous time catching up, drowning in books, doing jigsaws, tramping through pristine rainforests, dining on local seafood, missing out on the South Seas Hotel Quiz Night by a whisker or two.

Six months from now, it's very likely I'll be back in Iran. And this book may well be too.

Released 1 yr ago (12/2/2017 UTC) at Street Library on Hargraves in Ainslie, Australian Capital Territory Australia

The trip to Iran isn't going ahead, so there goes the opportunity of a themed release.

Had a lovely Christmas meetup for the Canberra BookCrossing group today, and once I'd let the tucker digest a little, I headed out to check on the little free library nearby.

Left a book, took a book.

Love this concept!

Journal Entry 5 by Hotfrog at Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Friday, November 09, 2018
Not sure where it's been for the last year, but I picked up the book at our meetup at Terra in Canberra and it's now joining the next Unconvention - in Hobart.

Journal Entry 6 by Oldgirl58 at Chermside, Queensland Australia on Saturday, November 10, 2018
Picked up

Journal Entry 7 by Oldgirl58 at Chermside, Queensland Australia on Thursday, November 22, 2018
Slow in places. Interesting story

Journal Entry 8 by Oldgirl58 at Chermside, Queensland Australia on Thursday, November 22, 2018

Released 2 mos ago (11/22/2018 UTC) at Chermside, Queensland Australia

Will leave at the OBCZ at the Brisbane Library

Journal Entry 9 by jhsun at State Library of Queensland Infozone in Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Released 4 days ago (2/12/2019 UTC) at State Library of Queensland Infozone in Brisbane, Queensland Australia

Released on the BookCrossing shelf in the Infozone at the State Library of Queensland.