The Lewis Man: The Lewis Trilogy

by Peter May | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by winggypsysmomwing of Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on 9/29/2017
Journal Entry 1 by winggypsysmomwing from Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Friday, September 29, 2017
My husband spoils me silly. This book and its counterpart were waiting for me on the morning of my birthday. He had given me the first book, The Darkhouse, for Christmas last year and he remembered how much I liked it.

Journal Entry 2 by winggypsysmomwing at Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Wednesday, November 29, 2017
This is the second book of the Lewis trilogy. The first book, The Blackhouse, was a Christmas gift from my husband last year and then he gave me this book and the final book of the trilogy for my birthday. I'm sure I'll be reading it very shortly. Then I think I'll have to drop a hint in my husband's ear about the author's other series, The Enzo Files and The China Thrillers. (I have no shame when it comes to acquiring books.)

Fin Macleod has left the Edinburgh police force and returned to the Isle of Lewis in the Outer Hebrides. In the first book he had returned to the Isle for a murder investigation and discovered he had a son called Fionnlagh there, conceived with his island sweetheart, Marsailli. That's a powerful draw, especially since his other son, Robbie, was killed in a hit and run accident in Edinburgh. Marsailli was widowed in the previous book and Fionnlagh became a father in the interim of a wee girl called Eilidh after Fin's mother. Marsailli and Fionlagh can both use some help and Fin would like to provide it. Also his investigatory skills could be of use in helping the local police find out who was buried in the peat some time after 1956. When DNA evidence links the body to Marsailli's father, Fin has another reason for helping the investigation. Before he is done Marsailli will discover things about her father and her heritage that were never disclosed before. And the reader gets a tour of the southern part of the island chain and an introduction to its history and art.

This was perhaps not quite as gripping as the first book but it expands the overall story about Fin and Marsailli and Fionnlagh. I can hardly wait to read the next book.

Journal Entry 3 by winggypsysmomwing at Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Sunday, December 03, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (11/30/2017 UTC) at Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

I dropped this book off at my sister's place because I had passed on the first book in the trilogy to her. Hope she likes it.

When you find a BookCrossing book it is yours to do with what you like. You can read it and keep it or pass it on or if you don't think it is your kind of book pass it on to someone who might like it or release it in a spot for someone else to find like you just did. Whatever you choose it would be great if you could write a short note letting us know what new adventures the book is on.

Journal Entry 4 by winggypsysmomwing at Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Saturday, June 30, 2018
My sister has read this book and given it back to me. She said she enjoyed reading it and the first one in the series. Her quote for the books is "Any writer that can make the Outer Hebrides sound like a place worth visiting is a great writer."