A Question of Loyalty

by Barbara Greenwood | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by JessicaEby of Cambridge, Ontario Canada on 9/24/2017
Journal Entry 1 by JessicaEby from Cambridge, Ontario Canada on Sunday, September 24, 2017
I bought this book tonight at a local charity shop in my hometown of Cambridge, Ontario. It was required reading when I was in school, I think it was in grade 7 or 8... 8 would fit in with the history curriculum of the time, I think. Anyhow, I have registered and bookcrossed one other copy of this book (several years ago now) and this is what I had to say about it at that time:

...I think it's rather a nice little story, political opinions aside. I'm now registering this to share with the world. I'm hoping it will travel well and be enjoyed by many.

In celebration of the sesquicentennial, I have dedicated this year's bookcrossing activity to the reading and sharing of Canadian stories. I am registering this book as part of my Canada 150 project.

Journal Entry 2 by JessicaEby at McKenzie Printery & Newspaper Museum in Queenston, Ontario Canada on Saturday, July 07, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (7/7/2018 UTC) at McKenzie Printery & Newspaper Museum in Queenston, Ontario Canada

While in he Niagara Region for the weekend, I released this book at the McKenzie Printery & Newspaper Museum. I thought this was a good place for this book as it's centred on the 1837 Upper Canada Rebellion, which was led by William Lyon McKenzie and this museum is located in his house! I left the book in a protective bag, hanging from a small sign in front of the large tree to the right of the stairs to the main entrance.

If you've found this book, thanks for picking it up and checking out its journal! If you're new to bookcrossing, welcome. We'd love it if you'd stick around with us a while. I really hope that you enjoy both this book and the whole bookcrossing experience!

This book was released as part of a couple of release challenges here on Bookcrossing-- the 2018 "Canada Days" Release Challenge and the 2018 "52 Towns in 52 Weeks" Release Challenge, in which Queenston was Town #27 for me!

Journal Entry 3 by Latty23 at Sacramento, California USA on Saturday, September 01, 2018
We were so excited when we found this book at the Printery, where you left it, Jessica. We are Americans who visited shortly after you left the book. Since we picked it up, it has journeyed with us to 26 states. It is now at our home where it is resting up for a new journey.

We have a "Little Free Library" at our home that is used by dozens of people each week. We are placing this little book there, and hoping it will be enjoyed by some of the young adults in our area. Thanks for the book! Thanks for introducing us to Bookcrossing! We love books and the people who read them.