The End of Your Life Book Club

by Will Schwalbe | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by retromonkey of Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on 9/21/2017
Journal Entry 1 by retromonkey from Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Thursday, September 21, 2017
Hello and welcome to Bookcrossing!

Thanks for picking up this book. Treat it nicely, enjoy reading it and let everyone know what you thought of it here; you can be anonymous if you like or you might want to join Bookcrossing, if you do you can follow the book's onward journey. Then, pass it on when the time is right.If you do choose to join, I hope you'll consider using me retromonkey, as your referring member.

Journal Entry 2 by retromonkey at BCUK UnConvention 2017 in Loughborough, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Thursday, September 21, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (9/22/2017 UTC) at BCUK UnConvention 2017 in Loughborough, Leicestershire United Kingdom

Taking to the Loughborough bookcrossing unconvention 2017

Journal Entry 3 by daffodil-2 at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Sunday, September 24, 2017
Picked up from the book buffet.

Journal Entry 4 by daffodil-2 at Loughborough, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 19, 2017
REVIEW:- I did enjoy this book even though it wasn't quite what I expected. I liked the interaction between Mary Anne and her son and the whole idea of the book club. It was interesting to follow the course of Mary Anne's illness from a medical point of view and to hear how well she dealt with her "journey". She had certainly led an interesting life and some of the stuff she had witnessed and heard about with regard to refugees, in particular, was very harrowing. I did find that some of the book discussions went over my head but others were very familiar when they were books I've read and enjoyed. I've made notes of a few new ones to try."

Journal Entry 5 by daffodil-2 at Wayford, Norfolk United Kingdom on Monday, June 18, 2018

Released 10 mos ago (6/18/2018 UTC) at Wayford, Norfolk United Kingdom

This book was given to my friend Snoopy56 when we met for a catchup today. She had said earlier that she would be interested in reading it.

To the finder:-

to place on their shelves and discard the rest-so another bad release option.

Journal Entry 6 by snoopy56 at Wayford, Norfolk United Kingdom on Sunday, July 01, 2018
When I received this book from Daffodil2 I said it would go straight to the top of my tbr pile and I’m so glad it did. I thought it was a wonderful read and I’m sure most book lovers would agree. I’ve photocopied the list of books mentioned for future reference and immediately added two of them to my wish list - Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner and Margery Morningstar by Herman Wouk.
As well as the discussions about books, the author describes his experience of being with his mother during her illness and in the final few pages he leads the reader gently towards the inevitable end. His mother always maintained that death is not something to be frightened of and that we should not shy away from discussing it. This book goes a long way towards achieving that aim. I can’t recommend it highly enough.

Journal Entry 7 by snoopy56 at Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 02, 2018

Released 6 mos ago (10/6/2018 UTC) at Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom

Putting on the book buffet at the uncon 2018.

Journal Entry 8 by bethanymay at Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Saturday, October 06, 2018
Picked up at the Ipswich Uncon! Thought this may be a poignant read...