corner corner Safe Haven

Safe Haven
by Nicholas Sparks | Romance
Registered by Nataliec7 of West Molesey, Surrey United Kingdom on 9/21/2017

status (set by daffodil-2): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by Nataliec7 from West Molesey, Surrey United Kingdom on Thursday, September 21, 2017

From Goodreads:
Love hurts. There is nothing as painful as heartbreak. But in order to learn to love again, you must learn to trust again.

When a mysterious young woman named Katie appears in the small North Carolina town of Southport, her sudden arrival raises questions about her past. Beautiful yet self-effacing, Katie seems determined to avoid forming personal ties until a series of events draws her into two reluctant relationships: one with Alex, a widowed store owner with a kind heart and two young children; and another with her plainspoken single neighbor, Jo. Despite her reservations, Katie slowly begins to let down her guard, putting down roots in the close-knit community and becoming increasingly attached to Alex and his family.

But even as Katie begins to fall in love, she struggles with the dark secret that still haunts and terrifies her . . . a past that set her on a fearful, shattering journey across the country, to the sheltered oasis of Southport. With Jo’s empathic and stubborn support, Katie eventually realizes that she must choose between a life of transient safety and one of riskier rewards . . . and that in the darkest hour, love is the only true safe haven.

Journal Entry 2 by Nataliec7 at West Molesey, Surrey United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 01, 2017

A sweet book. One that I read in a couple of days. I liked a lot of things about this book. Katie, the struggles that she has faced and decided she needed to fix it. Alex, widower with 2 sweet kids, trying to so his best. They both live in the same small down. And inevitably they meet. Kevin also an interesting character. It was great to get to see how he thought.
I felt that this was a well written book with so much to keep you reading and keep your interest. 4 stars.

Reserved for daffodil-2

Journal Entry 3 by Nataliec7 at UK Wishlist Tag, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Sunday, November 12, 2017

Released 2 mos ago (11/13/2017 UTC) at UK Wishlist Tag, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Hi There and welcome to bookcrossing!

Bookcrossing is a community of booklovers who want to share their books with the world. You have just found a free book and its yours to do with as you with. You can read it and pass it on, or keep it.

The BCID you entered is unique to this book.Please make a journal entry to say where you found the book, what you thought of it and where you release it. You can remain anonymous or you can become a member of bookcrossing (its free!). Please consider using Nataliec7 as your referring member if you join. Lets keep this book travelling to as many readers as possible.

Travelling to daffodil-2. Tag!

Journal Entry 4 by daffodil-2 at North Walsham, Norfolk United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Received in the post today from Nataliec7 as part of the Wishlist UK Tag Game. Thanks very much-I shall look forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 5 by daffodil-2 at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Sunday, December 31, 2017

REVIEW:- "I have read a fair bit of this book and am enjoying the main characters but I'm not over keen on the way it's written. Therefore I may skim it a bit from here just so I can find out what happens".

Journal Entry 6 by daffodil-2 at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 02, 2018

updated review:- I have been surprised by this book as when I started to skim it it got much better and I had to stop and read it properly. I found it very slow at first but once the story included Kevin it was much more interesting. I now have around 30 pages left to read and I'm looking forward to finishing it. I'm enjoying all the drama and fast-moving action. I feel that if the first part of the book had been more condensed it would be a much better story as a whole.
I've completely finished the book now and have to say that the twist at the end was a little bit unlikely and, to me, annoying. The author slipped back at this stage into his sickly-sweet and over sentimental way of writing which was a shame I think.