At Home: A Short History of Private Life

by Bill Bryson | Nonfiction |
ISBN: 0767919394 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingAzukiwing of Miami, Florida USA on 9/21/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingAzukiwing from Miami, Florida USA on Thursday, September 21, 2017
A most entertaining, eye-opening and fascinating read about all the little and big things related to a house. There are times when the author goes off on a tangent a bit, but I doubt anyone will begrudge such fun and colorful detours. Like the best of this type of books, there are many juicy tidbits that you'll find yourself sharing with friends.

My only regret is that the book very Eurocentric, making me curious about and wishing for facts about how things evolved in the rest of the world. However, the book being so jam-packed as it is, I can understand how Bryson needs to limit his scope and keeps from wandering about even more.

This book is now set aside for the next round of Books about Things bookbox, whenever it may be.

Journal Entry 2 by wingAzukiwing at Biographies of Things, Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, April 07, 2018

Released 11 mos ago (4/9/2018 UTC) at Biographies of Things, Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Putting into the bookbox.

Journal Entry 3 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Wednesday, April 18, 2018
Taking out of MaryZee's Biography of things. I've read a few of Bryson's book so thought this would be a nice addition. Thank you for sharing.