Once Upon a Secret (CD)

by Mimi Alford | Audiobooks |
Registered by wingbooklady331wing of Cape Coral, Florida USA on 9/19/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingbooklady331wing from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Tuesday, September 19, 2017
If you are new to BookCrossing and found this book and this site, Welcome!

Journal Entry 2 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Thursday, March 08, 2018
President Kennedy was a predator and a manipulator. The more I listened to this book the more I disliked him. He used an innocent, young lady for his own sexual satisfaction. I kept asking myself how a grown man could treat a young woman this way. . Particularly disturbing was the incident with Dave Powers . Dave was as guilty as JFK. Of course, I was aware of JFKs numerous affairs through the years from other books and this author admits she was happy to be with him but that did not give him the right to use and humiliate her. At that time, the legal age was 21. This made Mimi a minor.
Now I see President Kennedy as a kind of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. The public smiling, outgoing family man and the secret schemer to get anything he wants no matter who it hurts. What he did to his wife, is repulsive. By being a predator and having affairs, he put the nation at a security risk. What a shame that the press did not do their job. Probably because they hero-worshipped him like they do Obama. What JFK, David, and the press did should never be accepted! I am so sad. I can never think of him the same way again!
Dave Powers was an enabler and just about as guilty as JFK. I was disgusted with both men. To think that JFK used Mimi like a prostitute wanting her to also service his brother.

Reading it allows you to feel her pain like it is your own. I'm glad she has finally found peace and happiness.

Reserved for BigJohnLefty Audio VBB

Journal Entry 3 by rebekkila at Lansing, Michigan USA on Monday, November 05, 2018
I caught this in the audio bookbox. Thank you