corner corner The Shock of the Fall

The Shock of the Fall
by Nathan Filer | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingNu-Kneeswing of Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on 9/11/2017

status (set by Nu-Knees): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingNu-Kneeswing from Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, September 11, 2017

I really can't remember whether or not I've read this. The title seems very familiar - but perhaps not quite familiar enough . . . . Anyway, I thought I'd err on the side of caution and buy a possible second copy when I came across one for the princely sum of 50 pence from a most unusual source this afternoon! The cobblers/trophy engravers in Plympton, Plymouth had a notice on the window offering second hand paperbacks, the owner explaining that they were novels his wife had enjoyed and was passing on for the enjoyment of others . . . like me . . . .

From Google Overview: "An extraordinary portrait of one man's descent into mental illness. It is a brave and groundbreaking novel from one of the most exciting new voices in fiction."

Journal Entry 2 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Narrated in the first person by a severely disturbed young man, telling the sad story of the tragic events in his life. Yes, it's sad but not certainly not depressing. I was impressed and kept wanting to turn pages to learn more and more of what happened . . . . Good!

Journal Entry 3 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, December 24, 2017

Released 3 wks ago (12/24/2017 UTC) at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

To my friend and neighbour who BookCrosses as Blower! Happy Christmas, lass! Enjoy :-)