The Complete Persepolis

by Marjane Satrapi | Graphic Novels |
Registered by Tuanita of Utrecht, Utrecht Netherlands on 9/11/2017
Journal Entry 1 by Tuanita from Utrecht, Utrecht Netherlands on Monday, September 11, 2017
Here, in one volume: Marjane Satrapi's best-selling, internationally acclaimed memoir-in-comic-strips.

Persepolis is the story of Satrapi's unforgettable childhood and coming of age within a large and loving family in Tehran during the Islamic Revolution; of the contradictions between private life and public life in a country plagued by political upheaval; of her high school years in Vienna facing the trials of adolescence far from her family; of her homecoming--both sweet and terrible; and, finally, of her self-imposed exile from her beloved homeland. It is the chronicle of a girlhood and adolescence at once outrageous and familiar, a young life entwined with the history of her country yet filled with the universal trials and joys of growing up.

Edgy, searingly observant, and candid, often heartbreaking but threaded throughout with raw humor and hard-earned wisdom--Persepolis is a stunning work from one of the most highly regarded, singularly talented graphic artists at work today.

Journal Entry 2 by Tuanita at Utrecht, Utrecht Netherlands on Monday, September 11, 2017
This graphic novel is so good... it tells the story of the Islamic Revolution in Iran by the author's eyes.
It's super easy to read, with the right balance between humour and tragedy. I also loved the underlying feminism <3
Highly recommend...!!!

Journal Entry 3 by Tuanita at Bragança, Bragança Portugal on Saturday, September 16, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (9/16/2017 UTC) at Bragança, Bragança Portugal

Libertado no âmbito da BookBox Livros&Coisas, organizada pela irus!
Espero que gostes, Pequete :-) e boas leituras!

Journal Entry 4 by Pequete at Bragança, Bragança Portugal on Saturday, September 23, 2017
Vou gostar com certeza, Tuanita, obrigada! E obrigada irus, pela organização da bookbox.

Journal Entry 5 by Pequete at Bragança, Bragança Portugal on Friday, January 05, 2018
A great way to start my reading year. I had already read Embroideries, by Satrapi, but this one is way better. A great personal account of the recent history of Iran, through the struggles of a girl growing there, moving to Europe for a short period, and then coming back - all this, told in an informative, sarcastic, fun and moving way. A great book, highly recommended.
Now reserved to be read by my oldest Pequetinha and then passed along to irus (or vice-versa).

Journal Entry 6 by irus at Bragança, Bragança Portugal on Thursday, March 29, 2018
Came yesterday, from Pequete's home, to be read by me and my daughter.

Journal Entry 7 by irus at Bragança, Bragança Portugal on Tuesday, May 01, 2018
Daughter read it first, and then passed it to me.
I really loved this book and how it can gives - either in words or drawings - the growing pains of a girl that becomes a teenager and then a woman, in a country where being a female is a struggle. I loved this big-mouth girl, who never thinks twice before saying what goes on her mind, but also her wise grandmother.
Thanks Tuanita and Pequete for allowing me to read it.

Before returning it to Pequete, i will lend it to a non-BC friend.

Journal Entry 8 by irus at Bragança, Bragança Portugal on Monday, August 27, 2018
My non-BC friend just finished it.
She loved it and said she learned many things about Iran she was unaware of.
Now I'll return the book to Pequete,

Journal Entry 9 by Pequete at Bragança, Bragança Portugal on Monday, June 24, 2019
This book has returned home a long time ago, but it seems I forgot to write a JE...