Earthian 1 (Yaoi) (v. 1)

by Yun Kouga | Graphic Novels |
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 9/9/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, September 09, 2017
I got this slightly-battered softcover from Better World Books. It's about a pair of angels roaming the world taking stock of humankind - and possibly falling for each other. The artwork's pretty, but the initial setup of an odd-couple of angels working against each other in a battle for the future of humanity - gradually turns into battles among the angelic forces. I liked the earlier bits best, with Chihaya and Kagetsuya getting along pretty well despite the bickering, as one of them seeks out examples of humanity's best qualities while the other looks for the worst. The running tally seems amusing until it becomes clear that if the bad side wins, humanity will be wiped out... There are individual tales here, of characters with personal challenges, some demonstrating bravery or kindness, others cruelty or cowardice. Once the book shifted from that to the larger-scale angelic conspiracies I rather lost interest, but the early bits are fun.

Released 1 yr ago (3/17/2018 UTC) at Post Office bookswap shelf (UBCZ), 353 Middlesex Rd. in Tyngsboro, Massachusetts USA

I left this book on the book-swap shelf in the Tyngsboro post office lobby on this cold and blustery afternoon; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in MA here.]

*** Released for the 2018 Oh the Places We Can Go release challenge. ***