corner corner Murder Under the Christmas Tree: Ten Classic Crime Stories for the Festive Season

by Various | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingNu-Kneeswing of Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on 9/8/2017

status (set by Nu-Knees): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingNu-Kneeswing from Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, September 08, 2017

My sister-in-law has a small collection of books she's using to raise funds for her choir's current charity, supporting sick children locally. I was pleased to make a donation for this one as I enjoy mysteries, short stories and I know I like the writings of some of the contributors!

Amazon Editorial Review: "Christmas is a time of goodwill to all men—or is it?
As the nights draw in, throw another log on the fire and settle back into your armchair to enjoy this collection of ten classic Christmas mysteries, in which crime's best known sleuths, from Rebus to Holmes and Cadfael to Father Brown, uncover murder and mayhem galore.
Whether it's a Christmas goose with a surprising secret cargo, a murdered pantomime dame, or a killer who departs the scene of the crime without leaving a single footprint, these stories will puzzle and delight in equal measure. And along the way, there'll be enough carols and Christmas pudding, mistletoe and mulled wine, to warm the heart of a stone-cold killer—perhaps."

Journal Entry 2 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, December 10, 2017

A very good collection that I thoroughly enjoyed, with the added bonus that I'd only read one of them before, the one featuring Sherlock Holmes. Other well-known detectives who appear include Cadfael, Rebus, Father Brown, Lord Peter Wimsey . . . . I think, on balance, my favourite, if there is such a thing, might be Val McDermid's contribution!

Journal Entry 3 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, December 24, 2017

Released 3 wks ago (12/24/2017 UTC) at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

To my friend and neighbour who BookCrosses as Blower! Happy Christmas, lass! Enjoy :-)