Build Your Own Earth Oven: A Low-Cost, Wood-Fired Mud Oven; Simple Sourdough Bread; Perfect Loaves

by Kiko Denzer | Cooking, Food & Wine |
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 9/7/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Thursday, September 07, 2017
I got this softcover from the ongoing charity-sale at a local Hannaford's. It's a fascinating look at creating a wood-fired mud oven, with some marvelous examples of artistic shapes and styles. I'm not inspired to actually build one of these myself - though if I'd read this book when I was in college I might have tried to get a group together to try one! The illustrations of the different styles of ovens are impressive, and there are segments on making and maintaining sourdough starter, so as to have something to bake in your nice new earth-oven.

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, 4 Lake St in Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (3/14/2018 UTC) at Little Free Library, 4 Lake St in Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I left this book in the snowbound Little Free Library; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2018 Oh the Places We Can Go release challenge. ***