How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World (Dragonfly Books)

by Marjorie Priceman | Children's Books |
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 9/6/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, September 06, 2017
I got this charming softcover at the Lucky Dog thrift shop. It opens with a tiny problem: the girl who wants to make an apple pie finds that the market is closed. Not to worry - just go traveling around the world, collecting ingredients from the source! The story highlights the many ingredients we rely on for simple dishes, and has some fun things to show about the different locales. I like the author's whimsy, too: "Get to Sri Lanka any way you can," says the text, while the picture shows our heroine on a raft. "You can't miss it," says the author helpfully. Also helpful: when gathering the bark of the kurunduru tree to make some cinnamon, beware of napping leopards!

I enjoyed this one very much, and would have loved it as a kid, too. Great read-out-loud possibilities here - and even a recipe for apple pie...

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, YMCA in Methuen, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, March 10, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (3/10/2018 UTC) at Little Free Library, YMCA in Methuen, Massachusetts USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in MA here.]

*** Released for the 2018 Wine+Food Release Challenge. ***