Ritual Death

by Brad Reynolds | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingKateKintailwing of Burke, Virginia USA on 9/2/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingKateKintailwing from Burke, Virginia USA on Saturday, September 02, 2017
Bought this at a library used book sale.

Journal Entry 2 by wingKateKintailwing at Midlothian, Virginia USA on Saturday, September 02, 2017

Released 3 yrs ago (9/2/2017 UTC) at Midlothian, Virginia USA

Happy birthday, 6of8! I got you some more teal-colored books :-)

Journal Entry 3 by wing6of8wing at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, etc, Virginia USA on Sunday, September 03, 2017
A teal book. Mt TBR is huge and I should not be adding to it. But this book is set in LaConner Washington (which is much larger than the town of Forks, site of an infamous best-selling series, but still small and kind of obscure) and the Skagit Valley tulip festival. Having lived in Washington state and attended the festival, I am intrigued.

Journal Entry 4 by wing6of8wing at Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Friday, January 01, 2021
This book took a little while to catch my interest, but once it did, it didn't let go. It was a birthday gift from a friend a while ago and I hung onto it because I enjoy mysteries and this one is set in Washington State, where I used to live. I kind of liked the discussion of the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival, which I have visited.

There were a couple minor issues with the book, most notably the description of one character as Oriental as opposed to Asian. Otherwise the story of rez life vs white suburban life rang true in many ways. The mystery aspect was well done and even the faith aspects of the story, including Native cultural points, was handled well. A good book to finish up the year with.

Journal Entry 5 by wing6of8wing at Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Saturday, January 02, 2021

Released 3 mos ago (1/2/2021 UTC) at Silver Spring, Maryland USA

Met up with Zippy in the parking lot to give her this book which she selected in the 1st Line Game. I am a lucky person -- I have great friends like Kate and Zippy to share books with.

Journal Entry 6 by wingSqNutZipswing at Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Saturday, January 02, 2021
Picked this book during the BCinDC 1st Line Holiday 2020 game we had on Zoom due to CV19 epidemic. . Today I went see fellow BC'er and friend "6of8" to do a pickup/drop off (socially distanced style) of books picked during the Zoom game.
The 1st line of this book is "Red skies at night, sailor's delight; horseshit!"