Lesia's Dream

by Laura Langston | Teens | This book has not been rated.
Registered by JessicaEby of Cambridge, Ontario Canada on 8/28/2017
Journal Entry 1 by JessicaEby from Cambridge, Ontario Canada on Monday, August 28, 2017
My husband and I just came home from a two-week roadtrip across Western Canada, and this book came home with us! I bought it at a charity shop in Regina, Saskatchewan on the drive west; started reading it in a gas station parking lot in Morse, Saskatchewan while my husband napped; read a little more at the Bessborough Hotel in Saskatoon; and now have it back at home with me in Cambridge, Ontario. I was unfamiliar with this book when I saw it in the store, but have enjoyed the first little bit and look forward to reading more of it.

In celebration of the sesquicentennial, I have dedicated my 2017 bookcrossing activity to the reading and sharing of Canadian stories. I am registering this book as part of my Canada 150 project!

Journal Entry 2 by JessicaEby at Cambridge, Ontario Canada on Friday, September 22, 2017
I have been home sick for a couple of days, and it has given me an opportunity to catch up on some unfinished books! I still have a ton of stuff to read around here, but I am glad to have had the chance to read the rest of Lesia's Dream.

While in many ways this story is sad, it's also a good story of strength and determination... and I was happy that it pretty much ended as I wanted it to end! It is sad and shameful that the Ukrainians were treated as they were in the early 1900s, but I for one am glad that they were tenacious enough to stay and make continue making their valuable and beautiful contributions to our Canadian identity!

This is quite a beautifully written book, especially the parts that are supposed to be Lesia as an old woman, writing to her great-granddaughter. I don't really know yet when/where/how I will pass this book on, but I hope I'll be able to do so soon.

Journal Entry 3 by JessicaEby at St. Volodymyr Cultural Centre in Oakville, Ontario Canada on Saturday, July 07, 2018

Released 11 mos ago (7/7/2018 UTC) at St. Volodymyr Cultural Centre in Oakville, Ontario Canada

My husband and I are headed to the Niagara region today to celebrate our fourth wedding anniversary! We stopped in Oakville along the way and I left this book at St. Volodymyr's Cultural Centre. I left it in a protective bag, propped up on a large white structure out behind the main building.

If you've found this book, thanks for picking it up and checking out its journal! If you're new to bookcrossing, welcome. We'd love it if you'd stick around with us a while. I really hope that you enjoy both this book and the whole bookcrossing experience!

This book was released as part of a couple of Release Challenges here on bookcrossing-- the 2018 "Canada Days" Release Challenge and the 2018 "52 Towns in 52 Weeks" Release Challenge, in which Oakville was Town #21 for me!