A Tale Etched in Blood and Hard Black Pencil

Registered by earthcaroleanne of Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on 8/22/2017
Journal Entry 1 by earthcaroleanne from Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 22, 2017
Welcome to BookCrossing!

Thank you for picking up this book. If you’re new to BookCrossing and find this book and this site (www.bookcrossing.com), please make a journal entry to let me know that this book has found a good home with you. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join.

I hope you'll join BookCrossing (doesn't cost anything to join!) and if you do, please consider using me, earthcaroleanne, as your referring member. When you’ve finished reading this book and are ready to send it on its way again, make a journal entry if you are giving or sending this book to a known person, or a release note if you are leaving it “in the wild” again for anyone to catch. Then watch its journey. You’ll be alerted by e mail each time someone makes another journal entry. And it’s confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free.

Happy BookCrossings!

Journal Entry 2 by earthcaroleanne at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 22, 2017
We could tell you about the bodies. We could tell you their names, where they were found, the state they were in. We could tell you about the suspects too, the evidence, the investigators, join a few dots, even throw you a motive. But what would be the point? You're going to make your own assumptions anyway. After all, you know these people, don't you? You went to school with them. We all did. Granted, that was twenty years ago, but how much does anybody really change? Exactly. If you knew them then...

Journal Entry 3 by earthcaroleanne at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, September 04, 2017
This book is a stylistic departure from what you’d expect from Brookmyre, and I can't say I found it as enjoyable as his previous novels. I found a lot of the childhood flashbacks seemed to have no relevance to the story and could be rather long winded, especially the games of football. The characters themselves are varied and interesting, though hard to follow sometimes as their nicknames change.

Journal Entry 4 by earthcaroleanne at Bloody Scotland venue in Stirling, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 06, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (9/9/2017 UTC) at Bloody Scotland venue in Stirling, Scotland United Kingdom

Taking to Bloody Scotland where this is being performed as a play.