The Crimson Ribbon

by Katherine Clements | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 1472204220 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingNu-Kneeswing of Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on 8/22/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingNu-Kneeswing from Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 22, 2017
I love historical fiction and am always happy to acquire such novels wherever and whenever they're available . . . . This was one of the many titles being offered free to a good home within the Harrogate Festivals booking office when I called in this morning to buy a ticket to see Victoria Hislop in the autumn.

Amazon Editorial Review: "Based on the real figure of the fascinating Elizabeth Poole, The Crimson Ribbon is the mesmerising story of two women's obsession, superstition and hope. May Day 1646: Ruth Flowers finds herself suddenly, brutally, alone. Forced to flee the household of Oliver Cromwell, the only home she has ever known, Ruth takes the road to London, and there is given refuge by Lizzie Poole. Beautiful and charismatic, Lizzie enthrals the vulnerable Ruth, who binds herself inextricably to her world. But Ruth is still haunted by fears of her past catching up with her. And as Lizzie's radical ideas escalate, Ruth finds herself carried to the heart of the country's conflict, to the trial of a king."

Journal Entry 2 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, December 01, 2017
I'm afraid I couldn't get into this. I find 17th century witch-hunting particularly upsetting. I don't know why. Perhaps it's some sort of folk memory from a previous existence . . . .

Journal Entry 3 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Follifoot, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (12/12/2017 UTC) at Follifoot, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

In the hands of the Royal Mail, carrying Happy Christmas and New Year Greetings to a BookCrossing friend! Enjoy!

Well over a million people around the world give their books a unique BookCrossing IDentity number (BCID) before sending them out to find new readers. Since the start of the scheme in April 2001 over twelve million such books have been put into circulation. This is one of them!

Our hope is that we can track the progress of our books once they've left our hands - and that's possible if finders like you visit the website, key in the BCID and leave a comment, however long or short. It's fun, it doesn't have to cost anything, although the site always appreciates donations towards running costs, and you can remain anonymous if you wish. You don't have to join but if you do you'll be able to number and track your own books!

Journal Entry 4 by wingReetPetitewing at Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Thursday, December 21, 2017
Thanks very much. I don't think I've read any by this author. Looks good.

Journal Entry 5 by wingReetPetitewing at Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 16, 2018
Thanks Lyn. I wasn't too keen on this either. I don't usually read books set during the Civil War perhaps it's not a time period we like. Didn't you find everyone secretive? Like 'I know something but I won't tell you'.
Thanks anyway.

Journal Entry 6 by wingReetPetitewing at The 3 Three's in Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (1/27/2018 UTC) at The 3 Three's in Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom

To be taken to the BC meet up