corner corner Dragonheart: Anne McCaffrey's Dragonriders of Pern

Dragonheart: Anne McCaffrey's Dragonriders of Pern
by Todd J. McCaffrey | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by winggypsysmomwing of Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on 8/18/2017

status (set by gypsysmom): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by winggypsysmomwing from Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Friday, August 18, 2017

This is a hardcover book. I purchased it at a library book sale. I read this book in 2011 and this is what I said then.

I'm so pleased that Todd McCaffrey is continuing on with his mother's series that I'm willing to forgive some problems in this book. Fiona is the daughter of the Lord Holder of Fort Hold and she and her father are invited guests for the Hatching. When she impresses the Queen dragon everyone is surprised but her experience at the Hold stands her in good stead when she and a bunch of wounded dragons as well as the rest of the weyrlings go back in time to the abandoned Igen Weyr. The process of training the weyrlings was interesting and not something I remember from other books in the series. However, I really wanted to know what was happening with the sick dragons and we were just left hanging. I know it will probably be covered in the next book but would it have hurt to have some hope. And how does this book fit in with Dragon's Blood? We really need an overall timeline for all the books.

Journal Entry 2 by winggypsysmomwing at Assiniboine River Walk in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Sunday, January 28, 2018

Released 3 mos ago (1/28/2018 UTC) at Assiniboine River Walk in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

I am going to leave this book somewhere along the walkway. This release is for the 2018 52 Towns in 52 weeks release challenge - Town #1 .

When you find a BookCrossing book it is yours to do with what you like. You can read it and keep it or pass it on or if you don't think it is your kind of book pass it on to someone who might like it or release it in a spot for someone else to find like you just did. Whatever you choose it would be great if you could write a short note letting us know what new adventures the book is on.