Fun with Kirk and Spock (Star Trek)

by Robb Pearlman | Humor |
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 8/15/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, August 15, 2017
I got this fair-condition hardcover from Better World Books. it's a humorous "Dick and Jane"-style reader based on the "Star Trek" franchise, with lots of in-jokes that will make sense only to fans of the series (including the nod to the re-use of the unaired pilot). My favorite had to do with the "red shirt" concept; the crewman's name doesn't matter because "He is wearing a red shirt. It is best not to get too attached."

I'll admit that, overall, this wasn't as funny as I'd hoped; the shout-outs to favorite scenes were enjoyable, but the jokes could have been better, and even the "Dick and Jane"-style aspects weren't used as well as they might have been. Your mileage may vary!

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Starbucks, 327 Broadway in Arlington, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (8/29/2017 UTC) at Starbucks, 327 Broadway in Arlington, Massachusetts USA

I plan to leave this book in the Starbucks at around 12:30; hope the finder enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in MA here.]

*** Released for the 2017 TV Series release challenge. ***