Dead to Me

by Cath Staincliffe | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 8/10/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, August 10, 2017
A daughter's death

A teenage girl is found brutally murdered in her squalid flat.

A mother's love

Her mother is devastated. She gave her child up to the care system, only to lose her again, and is convinced that the low-life boyfriend is to blame.

Two ordinary women, one extraordinary job

DC Rachel Bailey has dragged herself up from a deprived childhood and joined the Manchester Police. Rachel's boss thinks her new recruit has bags of raw talent but straight-laced DC Janet Scott, her reluctant partner, has her doubts.

Together Scott and Bailey must hunt a killer, but a life fighting crime can be no life at all...

This is the prequel to the TV series which I love, hope this is as good :o)

Journal Entry 2 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, August 14, 2017
As I'm a huge fan of the TV series & as I used to enjoy Cath Staincliffe's Sal Kilkenny series I was expecting to enjoy this prequel......& I was not disappointed. For fans of the series it gives some good background into how the three women became the trio of strong female detectives that we know & love.

As the story unfolded, I could see & hear the characters in my mind as clearly as watching an episode. The dialogue & dialect was spot on & overall the story was fast-paced & gritty with nice touches of humour.

I thoroughly enjoyed it but admit to being a little biased :o)
Would love to hear thoughts on it from someone who hasn't watched the series.

Journal Entry 3 by wingPlum-crazywing at Port William Community Shop in Port William, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, September 14, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (9/13/2017 UTC) at Port William Community Shop in Port William, Scotland United Kingdom

Released as part of the SEPTEMBER SAPPHIRE CHALLENGE (#31)
& the 2017 TV SERIES CHALLENGE (#19)

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

Congratulations - You've found a travelling book !

You can help us to track this book's travels by taking a moment to make a journal entry - let us know where you found it, what you thought of it or where it's going next - write as much or as little as you like! You can remain anonymous or why not join us? If you decide to join us you will receive an alert every time someone new journals the book, helping you to follow it's travels as it meets new readers.

Enjoy the book!

(If you do decide to join Bookcrossing, please consider putting me,
Plum-crazy, as your referring member - thank you)