corner corner The Cellist of Sarajevo

The Cellist of Sarajevo
by Steven Galloway | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingbrunton11wing of Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on 8/8/2017

status (set by daffodil-2): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by wingbrunton11wing from Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 08, 2017

An engaging read. Reserved for daffodil-2 as part of the Wishlist Tag game.

Journal Entry 2 by wingdaffodil-2wing at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Monday, August 14, 2017

Received in the post today from Brunton11 as part of the UK Wishlist Tag Game. Thanks very much I look forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 3 by wingdaffodil-2wing at North Walsham, Norfolk United Kingdom on Monday, August 14, 2017

Sorry! Also meant to say thanks so much for the release bags, magnetic bookmark and b.c. labels-you are very generous.

Journal Entry 4 by wingdaffodil-2wing at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Friday, December 29, 2017

REVIEW:- "I really enjoyed this book although it told a very harrowing story at times. I thought the principal characters and their emotions were very well described and explained. I liked how Dragan-initially too scared to cross the street overlooked by snipers- later risked his life to drag a dead body from the street to prevent a foreign news cameraman from filming it. He didn't want the world to think that his country was a place where dead bodies could be abandoned in the street-very poignant. I listened to Albinoni's Adagio in G Minor (played by the Cellist) after I'd finished the book and realised that I too knew the music well but not the name of it. I think the story will stay with me for some time, especially as I know it is based on fact."

I am reserving the book for my husband in the first instance then will try to find another good home for it.

Journal Entry 5 by wingdaffodil-2wing at North Walsham, Norfolk United Kingdom on Thursday, January 18, 2018

My husband has now read this book and comments as follows:-" An enjoyable read which gives the reader an insight into what happened during the conflict in Sarajevo based on what the author was told by various people."

I am now reserving the book for Sedona72 as I think she will like it.