The Secret Life of Bees

Thanks for finding me!
by Sue Monk Kidd | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 0142001740 Global Overview for this book
Registered by mcsar of Richmond, British Columbia Canada on 10/26/2018
Journal Entry 1 by mcsar from Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Friday, October 26, 2018
This is a second copy that I have.

==========================
My entry from the first copy: "What a lovely read! I loved the book and the characters. It is sad, but at many points in the story it is sweet and warm. Well worth reading."

Journal Entry 2 by mcsar at Wishlist Surprise, Holiday Gift Giving -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Released 3 mos ago (10/30/2018 UTC) at Wishlist Surprise, Holiday Gift Giving -- Controlled Releases

Traveling to a bookcrosser who has this on the wish list. Happy Holidays!

Journal Entry 3 by wingFemke85wing at Stockholm, Uppland Sweden on Thursday, December 20, 2018
Thank you for sending! I actually posted on the secret santa forum topic about this. Swedish customs had sent me a picture of the envelope with a message that I had to pay 12$ as an import fee. I didn’t agree with them and called customer support, explaining that this was a gift from my good friend mcsar from Canada. They agreed they made a mistake and a week later the parcel was dropped in my mailbox. Hooray! I see on the release notes that it took about a month to get here, so I’m sorry for the delay.

I had assumed you were my secret santa, because I wasn’t expecting any bookrays/rings from you. Now it looks like this is a RABCK?

Thank you for sending this wishlist book!

Journal Entry 4 by wingFemke85wing at Uppsala, Uppland Sweden on Tuesday, December 25, 2018
What a book! I absolutely loved it! It’s a lovely coming-of-age story, written with a sense of poetry which transforms the hard and ugly topics - like racism, child abuse and suicide - into something breathtakingly beautiful.

The book entails the life of Lilly, a 14 year old girl, who lives with the guilt of accidentally killing her mother and endures the constant physical and psychological abuse of her father. One day she decides she had enough of it and runs away. While doing that, she also rescues Rosaleen, their nanny who is in jail for an incident that happend while she was trying to register to vote. They flee to a small town, which Lilly discovered on a picture that belonged to her mom. Three bee-keeper sisters (August, June and May) take Lilly and Rosaleen under their care.

The whole story takes place in the early to mid-sixties, in the midst of the civil rights movement and it describes a lot of the racism in those times. It’s devastating to realise that this all happened not so long ago.

This book is reserved for the wishlist tag game. I’ll try to post it sometime during the christmas vacation.

Journal Entry 5 by wingFemke85wing at A wishlist book, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Released 1 mo ago (12/25/2018 UTC) at A wishlist book, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

This book travels on to Taiwan as part of the wishlist tag game.

I always try to post my controlled releases with real stamps. If you are not a collector yourself, you might want to check out this post on the forum about a stamps sweeps that I’m currently organising or this one about Bookcrossers who collect stamps. A lot of Bookcrossers collect stamps for charity, so it’s nice to find them a good home!

Journal Entry 6 by Olivia_Lo at Hualien, Hualien Taiwan on Friday, January 04, 2019
Thank you very much for sending this wishlist book! The stamps on the envelop are all very beautiful!