Girl with the Golden Bouffant, The

by Mabel Maney | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by winghyphen8wing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 8/6/2017
Journal Entry 1 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, August 06, 2017
This is not an ordinary book: it's a BookCrossing book! BookCrossing books are world travelers - they like to have adventures and make new friends...and every once in a while they even write home to say what they've been doing.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Another 25¢ book from Book-Off (larger photo here): this one is about Jane Bond, aka Agent 007½ - recruited to impersonate her temporarily-incapacitated brother.

James Bond's lesbian twin sister is also a member of G.E.O.R.G.I.E. (Girls in Europe Organized to Right Grievances and Insure Equality) and is sent to a spy convention in the US disguised as her famous brother.

The cover art is fun and the premise isn't bad, but I couldn't get into this: maybe I just wasn't in the right mood.

Reserved for possible inclusion in emmejo's LGBTQ+ bookbox.

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, October 15, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (10/16/2017 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Monday, October 16: adding this to emmejo's LGBTQ+ box - happy reading!

Released for DragonGoddess's Tick Tock challenge.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm so glad you've found this book!

Please take a moment to make a journal entry and let this book's previous readers know that it's safe with you.

If you've ever wondered where your books go after they leave your hands, join BookCrossing and you may find out: you'll be able to follow the further adventures of your books as new readers make journal entries - sometimes from surprisingly far-flung locations.

(Think of it like Where's George for books: a little like geocaching or a treasure hunt - you can follow a registered book's journey every time someone makes a new entry. Some BookCrossers even leave books *in* geocaches!)

BookCrossing: making the whole world a library!

Journal Entry 3 by emmejo at Trumansburg, New York USA on Tuesday, December 05, 2017
This book rode to the end of the bookbox. The premise sounds fun, hopefully it will be a better match for me.

Journal Entry 4 by emmejo at Trumansburg, New York USA on Friday, December 29, 2017
I quite enjoyed this tongue-in-cheek romp, but agree with hyphen8, you need to be in the right mood. It is campy and silly, best enjoyed with the analytical part of your mind firmly in the off position. ;-) A lot of it is improbable, and there were a few times where I was rolling my eyes when the melodrama and conflict went a little too far into the realm of the ridiculous. I actually think I was most enjoying Bibi and Bridget's creative stalling and sometimes-bumbling attempts to help with the mission.

Journal Entry 5 by emmejo at Trumansburg, New York USA on Friday, March 09, 2018

Released 2 yrs ago (3/9/2018 UTC) at Trumansburg, New York USA

One of the starting volumes in the Otherworldly (Shrinking) Bookbox This volume is maybe pushing the definition of sci-fi a little, but there are plenty of gadgets here that are not real-world devices, so I'm including it.

Journal Entry 6 by wingSpatialwing at Arlington, Virginia USA on Tuesday, April 10, 2018
Selected from the Round IV Otherworldly Bookbox.

Sounds interesting...

Journal Entry 7 by wingSpatialwing at Arlington, Virginia USA on Tuesday, June 25, 2019
Quite a fun book! Despite the need for an editor to tighten the whole thing up and a proofreader, I had a lot of fun reading this story. It is campy and I agree with the other journals that you do need to be in the right mood. The story focuses more on the characters than on the plot (the murder Jane is accused of doesn't even occur until around the 50% mark).

I was surprised to find out that this is book #2. But you can safely read this as a standalone.
Book #1: Kiss the Girls and Make Them Spy