corner corner The Boggart And The Monster (Aladdin Fantasy)

The Boggart And The Monster (Aladdin Fantasy)
by Susan Cooper | Children's Books
Registered by AlterEgoZoe of Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania USA on 8/5/2017

status (set by AlterEgoZoe): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by AlterEgoZoe from Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, August 05, 2017

Got at a library booksale. To share.

HE'S BACK -- AND HE'S UP TO HIS OLD TRICKS!

It's been two years since Emily and Jessup Volnik visited ancient Castle Keep in Scotland, and made the acquaintance of the Boggart, a mischievous shape-shifting spirit who has lived in the castle for centuries. Now they've returned for another Scottish adventure, joining their old friend Tommy and Mr. Maconochie, the new owner of Castle Keep, on a trip to Loch Ness, where a new expedition is determined to find the fabled monster.

Of course, the fun-loving Boggart comes along for the ride, and wherever the Boggart goes, things are bound to get lively. But this time, the Boggart has a serious mission. His cousin Nessie is trapped in the monster shape he assumed long ago, and it's up to the Boggart to keep Nessie from being discovered by the expedition's high-tech equipment. Is modern science any match for the Boggart's ancient magic?

Journal Entry 2 by AlterEgoZoe at School of Visual and Performing Arts in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Released 3 wks ago (10/28/2017 UTC) at School of Visual and Performing Arts in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania USA

Released for the 2017 Spook-Tacular October Challenge.

When he looked up again Tas had gone. Rising to join the others, he caught sight of something small and abandoned on the floor. "Tas you forgot your pipe." He picked it up and then saw words carved into the wood he had not seen before. Find the music, find the magic.
"Did you carve this?"
Tas did not turn. "Yes," he said, reluctantly. "I have to leave it."
"But, Tas, why?"
Tas squared his shoulders as though firming some resolve. But still he did not turn. "Because the shepherd said that it could only be used once. Thats why I can't get the pipe to play that song-or any song. I've used the magic." He took a deep breath and went on. "And he said that once I found the magic I had the pass the pipe on." he paused and then he did turn, a scamp's humor in his long brown eyes. "It's going to be a long winter. I'm going to leave it here for someone else to find."
"Snowsong" by Nancy Varian Berberick

Found a book? Find the magic! Welcome to BookCrossing!! If you are already a member, "Hello!", if you have only just found this lovely site, welcome!

Congratulations on finding a released BookCrossing book! You can now register on the site, if you want to. It's free to register, but of course you can remain anon. It's up to you!

If you do decide to join, please add me as your referring member, AlterEgoZoe. Thanks!

Most of all, enjoy the book, and enjoy BookCrossing!