Indian Givers: How the Indians of the Americas Transformed the World

by Jack Weatherford | Nonfiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by AlterEgoZoe of Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania USA on 8/5/2017
Journal Entry 1 by AlterEgoZoe from Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, August 05, 2017
Got at a library book sale-to share.

After 500 years, the world's huge debt to the wisdom of the Indians of the Americas has finally been explored in all its vivid drama by anthropologist Jack Weatherford. He traces the crucial contributions made by the Indians to our federal system of government, our democratic institutions, modern medicine, agriculture, architecture, and ecology, and in this astonishing, ground-breaking book takes a giant step toward recovering a true American history.

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Sunday, March 11, 2018
I'm claiming this from the Indigenous Peoples bookbox.

Later: the book touches on the many and varied ways in which the discoveries and practices of indigenous peoples have affected everything from our diets to urban planning. In some cases I think the author was stretching the point a bit, but the book does give lots of interesting tidbits about many different tribes in North and South America, and offers an appreciation of what they were able to achieve.

Released 1 yr ago (3/24/2018 UTC) at Exit 8 Park and Ride/Boston Express bus stop in Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I plan to leave this book on a bench in the terminal; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2018 Keep Them Moving release challenge. ***