A Toast to Murder (Mack's Bar Mysteries)

by Allyson K. Abbott | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by JennyC1230 of Woodstock, Georgia USA on 8/3/2017
Journal Entry 1 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Thursday, August 03, 2017
Book #5 in Mack's Bar Mystery series:
Mack Dalton has named plenty of murderers since she and her barstool detectives began cracking cold cases. But as a new year looms, time is ticking on the hunt for her craftiest villain yet . . .

As Milwaukee counts down to New Year’s Eve, bar owner Mackenzie “Mack” Dalton has but one resolution—unmask the dangerous mastermind who has been taunting her and killed bouncer Gary Gunderson. Mack and her fellow barflies have fleshed out a suspect and arranged an invite-only party to put a cork in the murderer’s game for good. But when the clock strikes midnight and their suspect is found cold and stiff on the basement stairs, it seems the celebration may have come too soon. Now Mack must rely on her special talents to find the real criminal among the crowd of revelers—or someone won’t survive until last call . . .

My Review: Another great story in this series. I love the main character, Mack Dalton. She is concerned for her friends/customers safety so she lays a trap for the killer. I love this series, can't wait until August to read what happens next.

Planning to send this book to DVG, I think she might like to read it.

Journal Entry 2 by JennyC1230 at ~ RABCK ~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Wednesday, November 08, 2017

Released 3 yrs ago (11/8/2017 UTC) at ~ RABCK ~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Sending to DVG. I love this author/series. I hope you enjoy it too!

Journal Entry 3 by dvg at Toms River, New Jersey USA on Wednesday, November 15, 2017
Arrived safely in NJ. Thank you so much JennyC1230 for sharing this with me! I love this series and forgot it was coming out. So excited! I have a couple to ARCs to read ahead of this one but I will be reading in every spare moment to get to this one. Happy dance! =)

Journal Entry 4 by dvg at Surprise, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Released 3 yrs ago (2/16/2018 UTC) at Surprise, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

I've loved Mack and her "gift" since the first book. I have enjoyed getting to know all the characters in this series. This installment continues a mystery about a letter-writer who doesn't believe in Mack and her gift. That is all I'm saying. I was happy with the ending and I can't wait to see what new mystery the next one brings.

Since I shared the others with eponine38, this one will be heading there as well.

If you are new to BookCrossing and found this book, Welcome! I hope you enjoy the book and the BookCrossing community. It's all confidential (you're known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), its spam-free and its free to join. If you prefer, you can remain anonymous.

Whether you join or not, I hope you'll take a moment to make a journal entry so all the previous and future readers can track this book's journey through the world. You can journal now saying that you’ve found the book. Then after you’ve read it, come back to tell us your opinion of the story, and let us know where the book is going next.
Happy Reading and Happy BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 5 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, February 20, 2018
Thank you for sending another in this wonderful series, dvg! Such a nice surprise. I was recently thinking I would get to the next in line soon - my reading since the first of the year has been based on release challenges, but sometimes I just feel like a nice cozy in between!