Finnish Nightmares 2: An Even More Different Kind of Social Guide to Finland

by Karoliina Korhonen | Humor | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingTarnawing of Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on 8/3/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingTarnawing from Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Thursday, August 03, 2017
First edition. Jyväskylä, Finland : Atena 2017. Hardback, 96 pages.

See the journal to the first book on Matti and his nightmares here.

The blurb:
A FINNISH NIGHTMARE IS
WHEN YOU HAVE TO SHARE A TABLE WITH A STRANGER.
MEET MATTI, IF YOU DON’T KNOW HIM ALREADY.
THIS IS A SECOND BOOK OF HIS LIFE (AND
MENTIONING THIS MAKES HIM A LITTLE EMBARRASSED).
MATTI DOES THINGS THE WAY A REGULAR FINN
WOULD DO: IN SILENCE AND TRYING HIS BEST
NOT TO STAND OUT OR BOTHER ANYONE.

Finnish Nightmares blog
About Matti at the Finnish Nightmares blog
Finnish Nightmares at Facebook
finnishnightmaresofficial at Instagram
Finnish Nightmares @Finn_Matti at Twitter
facebook: Finnish Nightmares
instagram: @finnishnightmaresofficial
twitter: @Finn_Matti

Journal Entry 2 by wingTarnawing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Thursday, August 03, 2017
The backcover of the first Finnish Nightmares book says, ‘You just might have a tiny Matti living in you’. It’s not true, there’s a HUGE Matti living in me. I’m not always like Matti but most of the times it seems to be Matti in me. So, why do they categorize this book as humor when it should be nonfiction?

Journal Entry 3 by wingTarnawing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Thursday, December 28, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (12/28/2017 UTC) at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

Finnish Nightmares 2 was one of the two books I offered this month in greenbadger's One book a month thread. In the draw, it was won by Arvores.
Hyviä lukuhetkiä ja onnellista vuotta 2019!

Journal Entry 4 by wingArvoreswing at Porto Santo (ilha), Madeira Portugal on Monday, January 08, 2018
Arrived today, with a beautiful bookmark.
It should be a quick read.
Thank you so much for sharing.

Feliz Ano Novo :-)

Journal Entry 5 by wingArvoreswing at Porto Santo (ilha), Madeira Portugal on Friday, January 12, 2018
I definitely have a Finnish soul :-) Except for the use of "No niin", I could see myself in Matti. This book is the portrait of my social behaviour. It makes me wonder...

Thank you so much for sharing.
It will be offered in greenbadger's "One book a month" again, since there were lots of people interested.

Journal Entry 6 by wingArvoreswing at Porto Santo (ilha), Madeira Portugal on Wednesday, January 31, 2018
Icila won the draw. The book was sent today.
Bonnes lectures :-)

Journal Entry 7 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Saturday, February 10, 2018
Merci Arvores ! My turn to discover if I have a Finnish soul.
Beautiful postcard too.

Journal Entry 8 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Sunday, February 25, 2018
I didn't know Matti before, so cute.
I could have or not could have a Finnish soul so I'm a mixed soul.
Thank you for sharing.

Journal Entry 9 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Sunday, April 08, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (4/9/2018 UTC) at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France

To Lamilla who has it on her bookshelf.

Journal Entry 10 by wingLamillawing at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Saturday, April 28, 2018
What a pleasant surprise! Thank you very much

Journal Entry 11 by wingLamillawing at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Saturday, April 28, 2018
Read as a part of Dewey's readathon April 2018

Is going to book-a-neer next

Journal Entry 12 by wingLamillawing at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Monday, April 30, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (4/30/2018 UTC) at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus

You've found a travelling book. Hurray!
The book's journey continues by its finder's cooperation and creativity. By making a journal entry on this book, you can add to the book's story as it travels from reader to reader around the world.
Enjoy your reading!

Привет!
Спасибо, что нашли время зайти на сайт и сделать запись в журнале! Напишите, когда и где вы нашли книгу.
Перед тем, как попасть к Вам, она побывала в других уголках света. История ее путешествий записана на сайте, и теперь к ней добавился еще один пункт. Я очень рада, что она нашла нового читателя в Вашем лице.

Journal Entry 13 by book-a-neer at Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, May 29, 2018
Book has arrived and I'm very intrigued. It's a good thing because I'm in between books and cannot bring myself to choose any of the books from my shelf.

Thank you Lamilla.

Journal Entry 14 by book-a-neer at Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Wednesday, May 30, 2018
I have a tiny little bit of Matti inside me.

Thank you for sharing this book with me.

Journal Entry 15 by wingbluezwuzlwing at Altdorf (Niederbayern), Bayern Germany on Saturday, September 15, 2018
Man thanks for this book, arriving with lots of goodies of the stationary sweeps! I didn't come across Matti before, so I've read it directly and, like most of the readers before, found a mirror to myself in many of the situations.
Thanks for sharing this book. I'll make sure Matti will be on its way again in due time!

Journal Entry 16 by wingbluezwuzlwing at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Bayern Germany on Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Released 7 mos ago (9/27/2018 UTC) at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Bayern Germany

Now Matti accompanies Nicholas Flamel to the winner of the supernatural sweeps - enjoy those unlikely companions! *<;-)

Journal Entry 17 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 03, 2018
Thank you so much...not only for this but for all the other wonderful goodies. Judging by the back cover blurb I think I'm going to find much in common with Matti :o)

(you might notice from the photo the Haribo have "disappeared" already. What can I say? I admit it - I am a greedy pig when it comes to these sweets *yum*)