Close Call

by Stella Rimington | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 140884107X Global Overview for this book
Registered by AnonymousFriend of Wantirna South, Victoria Australia on 7/27/2017
Journal Entry 1 by AnonymousFriend from Wantirna South, Victoria Australia on Thursday, July 27, 2017
In 2012, in a Middle Eastern souk, CIA agent Miles Brookhaven was attacked. At the time, he was infiltrating revel groups in the area. Months later, the motivation behind the attack remains a mystery. Now, Liz Carlyle and her Counter Terrorism unit in MI5 have been charged with the task of watching the international under-the-counter arms trade. With the Arabic region in such a volatile state, British Intelligence forces have become increasingly concerned that extremist al-Qaeda jihadis are building their power base ready to launch another attack. When MI5 learns that the source of the arms deals is located in Western Europe, Liz finds herself on a manhunt that leads her to Paris, to Berlin and into her own long-forgotten past. A past buried so deep that she thought it would never resurface...

Journal Entry 2 by AnonymousFriend at SI Cafe in Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Sunday, January 28, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (2/2/2018 UTC) at SI Cafe in Templestowe, Victoria Australia

Release #19 for 2018 ...

Journal Entry 3 by genrek at Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Friday, February 02, 2018
caught at SI in templestowe today...

Journal Entry 4 by genrek at Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Wednesday, May 23, 2018
The plot was predictable and I could see Martin's future coming from a way off. Some of the characters are good and it was well paced and quite well written. Kept me reading especially towards the ending, pity no info in the Jihadists

Journal Entry 5 by genrek at The Drawing Room (Closed) in Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Sunday, July 22, 2018

Released 8 mos ago (7/24/2018 UTC) at The Drawing Room (Closed) in Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia

On to the shelves.

Journal Entry 6 by wingJean-Solwing at Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Thursday, August 16, 2018
Another grab from my visit to The Drawing Room today. and a Stella Rimington I haven't read. Could be perfect for those plane trips coming over the next few months. On Mt TBR it goes for the time being...

Journal Entry 7 by wingJean-Solwing at Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Monday, October 01, 2018
Started reading this book the weekend prior to my departure and I got so stuck into it I managed to finish it before departure! So now I have to work out what to read on the plane...again. I wouldn't read Rimington's books back to back but one here and there is always a great escapist rollicking read, and I find Liz Carlyle a very likeable main character.

Will probably release at next Melbourne meetup.

Journal Entry 8 by wingJean-Solwing at Henry and the Fox in Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Thursday, October 25, 2018

Released 4 mos ago (10/28/2018 UTC) at Henry and the Fox in Melbourne, Victoria Australia

Taking to the BC monthly meetup.

Journal Entry 9 by KKslibrary at Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Thursday, November 08, 2018
Caught at recent Meetup, on TBR pile

Journal Entry 10 by KKslibrary at Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Thursday, November 08, 2018
Caught at recent Meetup, on TBR pile

Journal Entry 11 by KKslibrary at Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Saturday, February 23, 2019
A believable terrorist plot based on recent events in Manchester. An easy read, as it did keep you interested. Started reading it before I left for Bali and almost finished reading it on the plane. Will leave here in Bali for a fellow tourist to read

Journal Entry 12 by KKslibrary at Bali Hyatt Hotel in Sanur, Bali Indonesia on Saturday, February 23, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (2/23/2019 UTC) at Bali Hyatt Hotel in Sanur, Bali Indonesia

Will leave in hotel lobby