Don't Know Much About Geography

Registered by BigJohnLefty of Des Moines, Iowa USA on 4/9/2007
Journal Entry 1 by BigJohnLefty from Des Moines, Iowa USA on Monday, April 09, 2007
I bought this at the Planned Parenthood Book Sale last fall, and am just now getting around to registering it. I will probably listen to it in the next few days at work.

Journal Entry 2 by BigJohnLefty from Des Moines, Iowa USA on Tuesday, April 10, 2007
One of the most interesting things about this is the history of how certain ideas came about, as well as pointing out the deficiencies in how social studies is taught in our country. There was a lot of other stuff about the universe and science, like plate tectonics. All in all, there were plenty of things I already knew, but some interesting tidbits that I didn't.

Journal Entry 3 by BigJohnLefty at Bookbox in Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Friday, April 27, 2007

Released 12 yrs ago (4/27/2007 UTC) at Bookbox in Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

This is going into the Audio BookBox which I am mailing out today.

Journal Entry 4 by tranq1 from Tampa, Florida USA on Wednesday, June 06, 2007
Taken from BigJohnLefty Audio bookbox.

Journal Entry 5 by tranq1 from Tampa, Florida USA on Friday, September 07, 2007
Not much in this that I didn't already know. A lot of this is about subjects like geology and history not just geography. The presentation of the information is pretty interesting.

Journal Entry 6 by tranq1 at to a bookcrosser in sent by mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Friday, September 07, 2007

Released 11 yrs ago (9/7/2007 UTC) at to a bookcrosser in sent by mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Putting in carlissa's Audio Bookbox.

Journal Entry 7 by wingKateKintailwing from Burke, Virginia USA on Saturday, September 29, 2007
Well, I DON'T know much about geography, so I thought this would be a good one to take from the audio bookbox. Thank you!

Journal Entry 8 by wingKateKintailwing from Burke, Virginia USA on Monday, December 01, 2008
I am forced to echo the comments of other readers here. There wasn't much I didn't know already, which was disappointing because if there's a subject I feel like I know the least about, it's Geography. I would have been terrible on Where in the World is Carmon Sandiego. But I suppose the parts of the subject I need the most help with is where such-and-such is located in the world, and that's not really something an audio book will help with, is it?

It was interesting to me that the author concentrated on the way Geography influences so many other subjects- history/politics, environment, science, space. There wasn't really enough pure Geography for my tastes, but I enjoyed listening to the facts as they were presented in the book and I did learn a thing or two by the end :-)

Journal Entry 9 by wingKateKintailwing from Burke, Virginia USA on Friday, January 23, 2009
Adding this to my bookbox ray: Earreading Audiobooks on Cassette Bookbox #1

I hope whoever finds it, enjoys it!

Journal Entry 10 by Mikavr on Monday, January 26, 2009
I'm taking this out of Katekintail's Cassette Audio Book Box Ray! Thank you Kate!

Aside: Funny this started with BigJohnLefty, as I just mailed off a different audio book box from him today. Small BC'ing world.... smaller still those of us who enjoy the audio books so much!

Journal Entry 11 by Mikavr at Weaverville, North Carolina USA on Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (11/12/2009 UTC) at Weaverville, North Carolina USA

Going in to the awesome Audio BookBox from Carlissa.

Journal Entry 12 by fireyfairy from Fort Wayne, Indiana USA on Thursday, March 11, 2010
Received as part of the dead audio bookbox from Mikavr... I plan to "read" this one myself, then decide what to do with it.

Journal Entry 13 by fireyfairy at Fort Wayne, Indiana USA on Monday, March 18, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (3/18/2013 UTC) at Fort Wayne, Indiana USA

This audiobook was kindly shared with me when my Dad was undergoing chemotherapy. He developed a love of audiobooks during his treatment, and when he was done with each one, we donated it to the chemo center so other patients could enjoy it during theirs. I'm sure many of the patients listened to and loved this particular cassette (or set of cassettes) as a welcome distraction during a difficult and painful time. However, the chemotherapy facility where my Dad received treatments is now closed, and my Dad died in June 2010. The facility was kind enough to contact me and return the audiobooks (in lieu of discarding them), and I am now passing them all along to keno-mom, who has suffered eyesight problems due to lupus. When she is done with them (unless she has favorites she wants to hang onto--which would be totally fine!), I have requested that she pass them similarly to v8cars, who is suffering eyesight problems due to a brain stem stroke. And, thus, I hope the cycle will continue and that these particular cassettes will bring joy to many readers (listening is still reading in my book) (sorry, I couldn't resist the pun), who might not otherwise have that opportunity.

Journal Entry 14 by keno-mom at Georgetown, Texas USA on Sunday, March 31, 2013
I've wanted to read this book because I feel like I do know something about geography, being that I majored in anthropology in college. I'm am always surprised and saddened by the lack of the knowledge of other people and places among the general public, I have someone in mind to pass it on to, a neighbor who is working on her GED and eager to learn.