The Ninth Configuration

by William Peter Blatty | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by book_drunkard of Osgood, Indiana USA on 7/21/2017
Journal Entry 1 by book_drunkard from Osgood, Indiana USA on Friday, July 21, 2017
Summary from Amazon:

Hidden away in a brooding Gothic manor in the deep woods is Center Eighteen, a secret military "rest camp" currently housing twenty-seven inmates, all officers who have succumbed to a sudden outbreak of mental illness. Have the men truly lost their minds, are they only pretending to be insane to avoid combat, or is some more sinister conspiracy at work?
Desperate for answers, the Pentagon has placed a brilliant Marine psychiatrist in charge of the base and its deranged occupants. A man of deep faith and compassion, Colonel Kane hopes to uncover the root of the men's bizarre obsessions. But as Center Eighteen descends into chaos, Kane finds the greatest challenge may be his own buried demons. . . .

The basis of an acclaimed 1980 film (also known as Twinkle, Twinkle, "Killer" Kane), William Peter Blatty's The Ninth Configuration is a thought-provoking, blackly comic journey into the heart of madness―and the outer limits of belief.

Journal Entry 2 by book_drunkard at Osgood, Indiana USA on Sunday, July 23, 2017
Deliciously twisted romp in the Cuckoo's Nest!
Made me laugh out loud several times.

Journal Entry 3 by book_drunkard at by mail, A book trade -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (8/15/2017 UTC) at by mail, A book trade -- Controlled Releases

Part of a book trade - mailed today.

Journal Entry 4 by imawinn2 at Neenah, Wisconsin USA on Saturday, August 19, 2017
I received this book as part of a trade with book_drunkard. Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 5 by imawinn2 at Neenah, Wisconsin USA on Tuesday, February 13, 2018
This was a wonderfully insane tale. I didn't know what I got into, at first and wondered if I was going to like it. However, one really has to keep with it and it will all fall into place. Moments of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest dashed through my mind, only with a military theme. Great book! Thanks for sharing. I have a journey in mind for this one. So, it won't be sitting long at my house. Btw, now I want to see the movie.

Journal Entry 6 by imawinn2 at Neenah, Wisconsin USA on Tuesday, June 05, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (6/5/2018 UTC) at Neenah, Wisconsin USA

Putting this in emmejo’s Otherworldly Bookbox. Happy Travels!

Journal Entry 7 by BookLovinMama at Arnold, Missouri USA on Monday, December 17, 2018
I was the last in line for emmejo’s most recent Otherworldly book box. I didn’t realize the box was lost in my basement in August and only recently discovered as we were packing up items for the library. emmejo is in the process of moving so we agreed that I would pass along those that we won’t read. I apologize for not moving them along sooner!