Tyrannosaur Canyon

by Douglas Preston | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingbookstogivewing of Springville, Tennessee USA on 7/19/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingbookstogivewing from Springville, Tennessee USA on Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Journal Entry 2 by wingbookstogivewing at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Monday, October 01, 2018

Released 5 mos ago (10/1/2018 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

To the finder of this book:

Journal Entry 3 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, October 27, 2018
The Big Box O' Books arrived safely today - many thanks! I'll try to find lots of different places to release these, so that your books might report back from several different towns and states. I'd read this a while back, so it's nice to have another release copy.

There are lots of things going on here, from moon rocks to fossil-hunting to assassinations to top-secret research, with innocent bystanders (and an ex-CIA monk) caught up in the goings-on. Oh, and flashbacks to the time of the tyrannosaurs, just for fun... In fact, there were a few too many plot elements for my taste, such that I tended to lost track of which villain was which. [I also found one character to be distressingly successful; given that character's behavior and decision-making I expected a very different direction for the plot - not to mention a different fate for the character.] I did enjoy the descriptions of the desert terrain and the twisting canyons where much of the action takes place, and was amused to read in the author's end notes that part of the scene was borrowed from actual terrain in Texas and shifted to the book's New Mexico locale for the sake of the story!

[There's a TV Tropes page on the novel with some entertaining tidbits.]

Journal Entry 4 by wingGoryDetailswing at Mile Away Restaurant in Milford, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, November 03, 2018

Released 4 mos ago (11/3/2018 UTC) at Mile Away Restaurant in Milford, New Hampshire USA

I plan to leave this book on a bench or ledge in or near the Mile Away restaurant while stopping by for dinner with friends. Hope the finder enjoys the book!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2018 Keep Them Moving release challenge. ***